What watch are you wearing?

gummibear

I have a question about that Luminox.... are the "glow in the dark" markings easy to read when its dark. They say that they are very bright but are they really??/ I.e. sit in a movie for an hour and then glance at the face and be able to tell the time..??

Bright as f&*k. They do not need a light source to charge. They always glow. Pretty much the same as on their website. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the thing I am worried about.  Might be better to get a cheaper military watch for work, and still get the Marathon  :ph34r:

Look online for automatic watches in that pice range to.

Bright as f&*k. They do not need a light source to charge. They always glow. Pretty much the same as on their website.

I can concur, REALLY bright, we were in the Baviaans last December - no lights and the Luminox was super bright.

I have a question about that Luminox.... are the "glow in the dark" markings easy to read when its dark. They say that they are very bright but are they really??/ I.e. sit in a movie for an hour and then glance at the face and be able to tell the time..??

Super bright when in the dark... obviously dont look at something bright and then look at the watch as it will take time for your eyes to adjust.

Mine sits next to my bed and when I wake up during the night and glance over I can tell the time easily without having to grab it and bring it close to my face.

Those "markings" are also not painted on, they are tiny gas tubes. The gas inside them glows.

If memory serves me correct its Tritium gas inside a tiny glass tube thats got a phosphor coating. The gas reacts with the coating and gives off a glow.

Under black light they stand out like a sore thumb :thumbup:

Think I'm putting one of my bikes up for sale for this Ltd NavB.

Watch will only be sold to selected buyers and the decision will be made by Gunter Steinhart.

A percentage of the sales will go to help charities build and renovate creches in Moscow :thumbup:  :thumbup:

10636055_858479647528132_263434421581097

11096658_858479644194799_752973235669490

10636055_858479647528132_263434421581097

Dear Customer,

thank you for supporting our Charity project „KIGA No. 2”.

Your order code is:   :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling: 

You are most welcome to place your order in our online shop under the rubric “Limited Edition”, using the above mentioned code. As off the receipt of the DOWN PAYMENT (the invoice will be sent to you by email)the limitation number 3/222 will be reserved for you.

As soon as the “Nav B Chrono 44 Bronze, KIGA No.2 “ is ready for delivery (June/July 2015), you’ll receive the final invoice.

Thank you and best regards,

Judith H. Kuchler

Steinhart Watches GmbH

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: DONT HAVE IT YET BUT I GOT MY #

I have a very old Buren that needs some attention, I was hoping someone had a contact for a reputable place in JHB?

Dips ball park figure?

It's not an expensive watch, I think THINK the price was €1200/1300

Then you must put down €50 for your number, and then what ever it costs to get here I would imagine another €300-500

That side view sold me is flippen hot

It's not an expensive watch, I think THINK the price was €1200/1300

Then you must put down €50 for your number, and then what ever it costs to get here I would imagine another €300-500

That side view sold me is flippen hot

wait till you hold it in your hands and see that bronze finish.

I've seen the mariner bronze and it is a work of art [emoji106][emoji106][emoji6]