FPC Paulshof - Bad Customer Service

DaSH82

Dude the planets must have been aligned cause I've never had anything but excelent services from the guys.

Likewise, service did dip for a bit a while ago though, but since Chris came in he's turned that place around. More so now with the new owner as well.

I agree with danger dassie.

I went there for the first time and was greeted with a smile. And was looking at buying a bike but the young lad there came to me and asked me how am i to day, did I go cycling today?? I was so amazed that he didn't start with, Hi sir can I help you???

Long story sort. I bought at the end of a 2hour talk and showing of def bikes a Specialized Epic S-works 29er.

The lad helped me so nice that I even got a setup on the bike he showed me shoe's def inner soles.

since then I only go there. And never had problems with then. The new owner is changing that shop a lot and with the new Manager and Workshop Manager. Those two guys are great at there job.

Thanks FPC for all your client service.

And DASH with your comment on bad service. Why even do it over the phone. Its always better to talk face to face. Phone calls makes guys not sure of who they talking to. Plus did you leave your contact details for them the 1st time you went to them?? And if a read well you said you where looking at options? That means to everyone you still shopping.

I only had good service with them! And will send my friends to them. :clap:

Love it when people dis their LBS on this forum...

Dude, Dude, Really?

You are sobbing cos you couldn't get what you wanted? You are sour, cos, someone else beat you to it...

You wanted the bike and you didn't follow up, you didn't check up on the state of confusion that you started. My view is that you fumbled the pass and you are now trying to blame them and it's not like you put a deposit down...

Seriously, If you want something in life, you gotta follow through and make sure you get it! It's up to you to get what you want in life. Bottom line: have a bit of personal accountability in your life about this.

So the bike shop made a mistake and kept the black, instead of the white? (aren't we already over that in this country?) I don't think that's bad service, that's a mistake. We all make mistakes... See you even made a mistake...

So what, that they didn't pucker up and kiss your 'Donkey" all the way to hell and back, because you made a communication mistake. Move on! Why is that bad service? Dont sit here and cry about it, we dont really care to hear your little crying and sobbing. Come on, man???

FPC is a great shop! I will continue to support them...

Dude, Dude, Really?

You are sobbing cos you couldn't get what you wanted? You are sour, cos, someone else beat you to it...

You wanted the bike and you didn't follow up, you didn't check up on the state of confusion that you started. My view is that you fumbled the pass and you are now trying to blame them and it's not like you put a deposit down...

Seriously, If you want something in life, you gotta follow through and make sure you get it! It's up to you to get what you want in life. Bottom line: have a bit of personal accountability in your life about this.

So the bike shop made a mistake and kept the black, instead of the white? (aren't we already over that in this country?) I don't think that's bad service, that's a mistake. We all make mistakes... See you even made a mistake...

So what, that they didn't pucker up and kiss your 'Donkey" all the way to hell and back, because you made a communication mistake. Move on! Why is that bad service? Dont sit here and cry about it, we dont really care to hear your little crying and sobbing. Come on, man???

Wow. This is probably one of the most totally-missing-the-point, missdirected replies I've ever read on the hub. I think you should stop kissing FPC's 'donkey'

Edited by MintSauce

Dude, Dude, Really?

Why did FPC change there name to Full performance Cycle ????

I would rather go to Bruce and pay more and get 20% better service.All the well known bike shops give bad service,it's just the way it is.

If in pta use Cycle mania,Cycle Fix or Cycle house small shops but excellent service.

Just stay away from Cajees!!! :thumbdown:

When did Cajees open in Slaapstadt? Are you just an empty tin making a lot of noise?

Come to think of it, Cajees will make a lot of munny in Slaapstadt with the gullible Cape Colony oukies there

Dude, Dude, Really?

Alrighty then :huh:

When did Cajees open in Slaapstadt? Are you just an empty tin making a lot of noise?

Come to think of it, Cajees will make a lot of munny in Slaapstadt with the gullible Cape Colony oukies there

No they won't, CWC (for spares) or Cycle Centre (for services) is where I spent my cash

Wow. This is probably one of the most totally-missing-the-point, missdirected replies I've ever read on the hub. I think you should stop kissing FPC's 'donkey'

:thumbup:

Why did FPC change there name to Full performance Cycle ????

I would rather go to Bruce and pay more and get 20% better service.All the well known bike shops give bad service,it's just the way it is.

If in pta use Cycle mania,Cycle Fix or Cycle house small shops but excellent service.

FPC PTA changed there name coz of new ownership. The same is for FPC JHB they are changing there name 15 Jan. They changing it cos Fritz Pienaar sold he's shops....

So shop where you want!!! I support a shop coz of good service I get and that they cycle in the mornings.

Seems I am not the only one who has issues with FPC..

White bike was an SL2.. Black one was a lower spec model. Not about the colour.

And we wanted the more expensive model...

I was in Kenya for the week, and could not go face to face.

We all make mistakes, but not calling your customer after he has asked management to do so, that is bad customer service.

And the way the situation was handled... Or the lack of handling the situation.

When you have something intelligent to post, go for it.. Until then.. Kiss your own donkey...tongue.gif

If my LBS gives me good serivice, I am more than happy to pay a premium.

Dude, Dude, Really?

When I was searching for a new fork a few months back there were several of the better known shops that did not bother coming back to me with stock and availability. I have said it before, it looks like there is just too much business for these guys right now and so they think they can afford to be slapgat with phonecalls and emails...

Seems I am not the only one who has issues with FPC..

White bike was an SL2.. Black one was a lower spec model. Not about the colour.

And we wanted the more expensive model...

I was in Kenya for the week, and could not go face to face.

We all make mistakes, but not calling your customer after he has asked management to do so, that is bad customer service.

And the way the situation was handled... Or the lack of handling the situation.

When you have something intelligent to post, go for it.. Until then.. Kiss your own donkey...tongue.gif

If my LBS gives me good serivice, I am more than happy to pay a premium.

Dash Make sure u talk to the right person when you call them?? So don't say its bad service its communication fault from you. and like I said face to face is much better. Plus you where in Kenya. Plus why didn't your GF or Spouse go in rather and make sure that the right bike will be kept out??

I only have good service there. I always get my emails replied. I enjoy the morning rides with the guys. That shop always make's plan to help there clients. FPC is a good shop and with the new staff that place is better already. Some people will remember the old FPC but this is new they making a change.

FPC Pretoria, before and after new managment is a great shop! If you've been there more than once, you'll know this. I've been a customer of them for about 4 years now, and not once have I had a bad experience!

Jacques, the new owner is really trying to get to know his customers, even arranged a meet and greet evening at Waterkloof Golf Course. All the staff there is always really helpfull!

I just thought I would give my 2c worth, just like all of you!

I'm one very happy customer! :-)

They do? It is? .... No shop, well known or otherwise is perfect. People have good and bad experiences with all of them. Like anything else we deal with.