Idiot of the day

Weight Weenie

That isn't the brightest thing to do, especially if you're a doctor...

I am sure it was a shocking experience to say the least :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, I think I can...

Coming home from a jol one night (work drinks) in 2008. Middle of the Eishkom balckouts, and this night was one of those when the whole of CT was out. I get dropped off at my place, and I can't see where I'm going - hands on the walls type stuff. I'm also a bit peckish, and thirsty, and I remember I have some chips in the cupboard. But how am I going to find them?

Ah - I know - I'll open the fridge. That's got a light in it. It'll switch on when I open the door.

So I open the fridge door, and wonder, for about 2 minutes, why the light isn't coming on. Then the internal light comes on (inside my head) and it says - "damn. The bulb must have blown"

Double facepalm.

:thumbup:

.. After explaining the aeroplane diving towards the earth in order to simulate weightlessness ..

That's one way but what they acutally do is fly in a parabola

I've tried it, it works!

For whatever reason, I was discussing astronauts with my wife and how they are trained. After explaining the aeroplane diving towards the earth in order to simulate weightlessness to her she looks at me and says; " oh I thought they just made them breathe helium..."

I'm in fits here...thats absolutely classic!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I was drunk... my brain wasn't working the way it normally does... IE: Logic fail.

usually people get VERY clever when they are drunk

In the days before digital, me and the Mrs went on a ski-ing holiday and fell in with the group at the ski-school. On the last day we were displaying our new-found skills & I took pictures of everyone in action; with names and addresses from several different countries, promising to send on the photos.

When I got back I had difficulty opening the camera, so took it to the (busy) shop where they put it in a special black bag to feel around & sort out the problem.

Well the Mrs was out the door with embarrassment before the shop assistant completed the sentence....

"I'm sorry sir, there doesnt appear to be any film in here".

I am sure it was a shocking experience to say the least :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah and he almost looked like his avatarlaugh.gif

So I'm sure you or someone else has done something stupid today, you know those total facepalm moments ?

Post them here, I'll start....

Today I tried activating our DSTV.

Without the smartcard in the machine :blush:

And,did it work........ ;)

I once, on my own, tried to maneuvre a black wheely bin filled to the brim (1/4 ton?) with builders rubble down a steep smoothe wooden staircase with an expensive handmade stained glass window at the bottom end.....well......it ended with blood all over what remained of the window. The pain and damage was nothing compared to the fact that my wife could truly say that she told me so!

About a week ago I was entering some numbers on my PC when the number keys stopped working ,that was until I found out I had my hand on my calculator!!

well a few years ago i posted my antiques re hi jacking peoples shopping trolleys at woolies, first time even went as far as paying for all before i realised its not mine. welll its happened another to times :) last time the trolley had some valuable shopping from another shop in so the owner summoned security to help locate his trolley, facepalm monent delux for me and explaianing things away :blush: