Kulula and their new rules...

Andymann

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

I do. But I did manage to quit smoking about a year ago. So the stink is not from tobacco anymore. :clap:

Then I humbly apologize and congratulate you.

I have had great service from Kulula with our bikes and I use them regularly for normal travel thanks to Discovery. When travelling to the TransB this year three of us with 66kg in 3 bags and 2 bike bags went thru with no problem.I find their planes newer than other airlines and they run a better time schedule.

What's the stink from now?

Sitting in Lagos from 2am to 5pm waiting for SAA to fix their plane. That will make anyone stink. I nearly cried as well.

Guest Omega Man

Sitting in Lagos from 2am to 5pm waiting for SAA to fix their plane. That will make anyone stink. I nearly cried as well.

Hahaha. I always go to the benson & hedges lounge when at lagos airport. $50 but the beer is free. Well. It's not free. Just make sure you drink $50 worth of beer.

Guest Omega Man

We did, but only got in at 9am ... so from two till nine we were stuck on the little yellow benches.

What a shithole Lagos is. It lives up to expectation every time. If I was a Nigerian I'd come here and be a drug dealer too.

I weigh 130kg. I don't eat McDonalds. I run 5km every morning and cycle every evening, when I am at home that is. Come MorewoodMad, tell me to my face that I'm a fat McDonalds lover. ;) I'm sitting at Plenary entrance 31-60 on the top floor of the ICC.

Ok See you at Mac D's in Sea Point to tell you ;)

I've been on flights where seriously overweight people squashed in next to me. I usually stand (sit) my ground. I am also not a small guy and would have no complaints if the 65kg race snake wants to add his bike box for free.

Interesting fact is that air travel weight restrictions were recently revised in the US

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/04/17/earlyshow/living/travel/main4952134.shtml

Bottom line is that the airlines should stop discriminating against non-obese people and start to charge the fatties double.

Sure, but they were very, very friendly. Unlike the SAA staff who were first out the gate and gone till 16:00 when the plane was about to leave again. I must say I prefer Lagos to Cotonou (Benin) and Librebille (Gabon) ... at least the Nigerians understand when you ask them a question.

Ok See you at Mac D's in Sea Point to tell you ;)

I've been on flights where seriously overweight people squashed in next to me. I usually stand (sit) my ground. I am also not a small guy and would have no complaints if the 65kg race snake wants to add his bike box for free.

Interesting fact is that air travel weight restrictions were recently revised in the US

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/04/17/earlyshow/living/travel/main4952134.shtml

Bottom line is that the airlines should stop discriminating against non-obese people and start to charge the fatties double.

I'm stirring and do agree with you that it is completely unfair.

se ma net: i always had to fly with kulula..temperature controlled hull area for animals(charlie) en hy was altyd apart geweeg en moes apart betaalbiggrin.gif daai tyd R23 per kglaugh.gif

R 23 per kg vir n kat met sy vel aan, en kop en pote is nie goedkoop nie.

Sorry H . flou grappie . Ek weet.

Edited by Blokman

R 23 per kg vir n kat met sy vel aan, en kop en pote is nie goedkoop nie.

Sorry H . flou grappie . Ek weet.

laugh.giflaugh.gif so gepraat, hy het in concrete jungle in jhb groot geword en dan vakansies kom ek en hy af kaap toe, teen die tyd dat ek moet terug vlieg en hom gan weeg het die bogger gewig op getel!!laugh.giflaugh.gif

Have to say I am also not a Kulula fan, and in my opinion they are not even that cheap, unless you buy on one of their sales, but I don't get up at 4am to buy air tickets so I have never been able to get one.

Anyway, with a bit of planning you can usually get an SAA flight at the same price or even cheaper depending on when you are prepared to fly (red eye or late at night) and get a free beer and a sarmie as well. SAA also has a bigger flight schedule so there are a lot more flights to choose from, and in my opinion are on time a lot more frequently than Kulula, who didn't get the nick "Kulula dot late" for nothing.

SAA also have a far better refund policy (okay Kulula has NO refund policy) and most times SAA will refund or reschedule your flight at no charge if you cant make it and let them know timeously. A few weeks ago I got stuck in traffic in CT and missed my flight, I called SAA and told them I was stuck and they just rescheduled me onto the next flight, no charge nothing.

Personally I don't care that Kulula is a private operator fighting a state enterprise, I do care about my wallet, my comfort and my schedule though, so although SAA has its faults, I will usually pick them over Kulula anyday.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy