[Event] MTN National XCM #8 Ride Crater Cruise 106km - Driven By Nissan

Ride Magazine

He did say a good time? ;) I see you weren't far off that on the SS

I did a 4:09 last year, they also got my time wrong.

I was so bummed, I really wanted under 4:00 but I was also sick and coughed up blood, only to end up in hospital on the Monday to find out my PH levels were in it's moer.

Time to do to get into Top 5 in Vets 40-50?

Shoe Pieter it all depends on the day but around 3:55 I reckon.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a 4:09 last year, they also got my time wrong.

Shoe Pieter it all depends on the day but around 3:55 I reckon.

That's a great time on a SS (actually on any bike). FWIW last year's 5th Vet was 4h09. 3h55 would've got a 2nd Vet and 35th overall. Show us what you can do Pieter! :thumbup:

That's a great time on a SS (actually on any bike). FWIW last year's 5th Vet was 4h09. 3h55 would've got a 2nd Vet and 35th overall. Show us what you can do Pieter! :thumbup:

So much for going SS.

I am a mere 42 .

Did most of the route on Saturday but the roads on the northern side of the river is really bad looks like a rock bed, luckily we will ride some single track so we will miss some of the bad roads. The southern side is not too bad the last 10km is bad

Edited by Pieterg

I rode the northern section (Transvaal side) yesterday. The route is indeed a rock bed so lower tyre pressures are a must if you want to avoid permanent blurred vision. But the rocks aren't an issue from the perspective of cutting your tyres. I'm running regular Rocket Ron's on my training wheels with no problems there and if they can survive those rocks then anything can.

The heavy rains on Saturday night washed loads of sand across the road making for tough going, but this would've cleared by the time Crater Cruise happens. I can't say that the corrugations will be any better though

I am trying to enter for this event but can't get into the website.Server not found??

Anybody else experiencing this?

• 2 weeks later...

My polar recorded about 1000m on the 2010 route.

thank you, has the route changed at all?