[Event] MTN National XCM #8 Ride Crater Cruise 106km - Driven By Nissan

Ride Magazine

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It didn't for me last year, going with my trusty 'little' full suspension this year!

Understood but I was responding to the question of whether there would be a difference on a 29HT vs. 26HT.

I've been cycling for almost 3 years now (weekend warrior) and have only ever ridden my 26 HT. Have not even test-ridden a friends' 29er or any DS. I think I'm too scared that it will be great and make me want one...What do you guys reckon :w00t:

last 15km is over farmland, rough n bumpy.

You're right - should have said the 15km on the district road after leaving the sandpit next to the river ;)

You're right - should have said the 15km on the district road after leaving the sandpit next to the river ;)

Sandpit next to the river might just help me make my mind up on this one...... a couple of years back its was actually a fun flowing single track. Now one needs a bucket and spade to have fun there :wacko:

BigH has done it on a Hybrid :w00t:

In fact wif any wiele the corrugations are rof :( - the rest is good fun though!

I think Dangle has done Atta with a rigid SS, Crater Cruise must be a funride for him...

I must be honest, I will rather go back to Atta on the SS than Crater this year.

Under 4h15

That should get you in the top 70.

I ran with a 34/14 last year.

Not good :thumbdown:

Sjoe, that is a rowwe gear.

I did it a few years ago with 36/16 on the 29er, was a lekker ratio, but overall still hard.

I must be honest, I will rather go back to Atta on the SS than Crater this year.

That should get you in the top 70.

Time to do to get into Top 5 in Vets 40-50?