New PPA seedings are out

stratus5

so can I assume PPA "N" directly translates into Argus "N" start group?

Sadly don't think it's as simple as that - my PPA seeding has never tied in to my Argus seeding

1st off PPA seedings cover all your PPA rides, but only a few are Argus qualifying rides (Die Burger, 99er, and previous Argus) for WC ones. So you'll only get Argus seeding based on those results, and if none qualify will probably be put in a PPA Px group before the O groups.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I rode Argus for an index of 58.5. Trained much of the year then did 94.7 to improve Argus seeding but only got an index of 60+. Not really happy but still moved up from X to O.

There were one or two questions regarding the Argus seeding - go check out their website http://www.cycletour.co.za/index.php/information/seeding-events/ which shows that normal funrides aren't taken into account for your Argus seeding. E.g. in the Western Cape, only two races are seeding events for the Argus, namely Die Burger (this past weekend's one for 2012 Argus) and the 99er (the next one in February 2012 will only count for Argus 2013).

It seems there are a lot more positive seeding "surprises" now than a year ago, but nobody is thanking PPA while the negative "surprises" in the beginning of the year were followed by rants and critic toward PPA! Just shows, when something is bad towards you, it's not your fault, but if something good happens, we seem to believe that it is us :P

There were one or two questions regarding the Argus seeding - go check out their website http://www.cycletour.co.za/index.php/information/seeding-events/ which shows that normal funrides aren't taken into account for your Argus seeding. E.g. in the Western Cape, only two races are seeding events for the Argus, namely Die Burger (this past weekend's one for 2012 Argus) and the 99er (the next one in February 2012 will only count for Argus 2013).

It seems there are a lot more positive seeding "surprises" now than a year ago, but nobody is thanking PPA while the negative "surprises" in the beginning of the year were followed by rants and critic toward PPA! Just shows, when something is bad towards you, it's not your fault, but if something good happens, we seem to believe that it is us :P

I think that the rants have reduced because the seeding system has become a lot more transparent with them showing the 'difficulty index' - now we can see what the index was and not some unknown element like the ghost rider... LOL

There were one or two questions regarding the Argus seeding - go check out their website http://www.cycletour...seeding-events/ which shows that normal funrides aren't taken into account for your Argus seeding. E.g. in the Western Cape, only two races are seeding events for the Argus, namely Die Burger (this past weekend's one for 2012 Argus) and the 99er (the next one in February 2012 will only count for Argus 2013).

PPA publish their seeding rules on their website. The negative was because they did not follow them and would not explain how they were doing the seeding last year.

They over did it and cleaned out A-F so much so that only a handful of riders were left that did not race league. One only has to look at the SA champ winning a PPA race and barely scraping into a B seeding at the start of this year to see how heavy handed they were.

Now they are being less anal about the phantom winning time, everybody's seeding is improving back to where they were again. They are not going to get much positive feedback because of all the secrecy around exactly how the seeding works. If they were more transparent people would criticise less.

I have gone from an F -> C and everybody I ride with has improved by two or more groups. Clearly somethings changed, but PPA are not saying what?

I think that the rants have reduced because the seeding system has become a lot more transparent with them showing the 'difficulty index' - now we can see what the index was and not some unknown element like the ghost rider... LOL

Ghost rider still there. Was 2 min faster than winner at the Burger. Ghost not as quick as last year though, drugs clealry taking their toll.

Geesh, then I must really suck this year, as I'm barely holding onto my H seeding. :D

Gotta get my behind on the saddle this festive season. Will be difficult to improve on my seeding now, as most of the "easy" rides are over. The Southern Suburbs is waiting early in 2012.

Made it to F from H in September. If I had a better Burger I would have made E, and qualified for Summer League. I might still be able to qualify for League if I have a good Olympic.

Ghost rider still there. Was 2 min faster than winner at the Burger. Ghost not as quick as last year though, drugs clealry taking their toll.

:lol:

• 1 month later...

My seeding index have dropped by a further 0.5 and I haven't raced again since the previous update..

Any conspiracy theories out there that can explain?

B)

Seems to be a glitch, 1st they dropped my 2009 results & now I see it's back. Went from C to B, I'll be riding League this season so no point in paying R50 to change group.

Crikey guys, here I am worried that I'm slipping into "I", but I now see I've improved to "G" . :clap:

Won't reseed just yet, lets first see if I can improve my standing in the "G" bunch, riding out of "H".

A for mtbing :thumbup: , but still a B for road :thumbdown: . (Not that I use the B, cause of league, but an A number would have look nice in the draw.)

Edited by andrè traut

WOW! My New seeding is a E, after the burger it was a G...and from the race now at Journey for Sight it jumped to E....I am very happy :clap:

Not if your seeding is inversely proportional to how your wife feels about you cycling... :blush: G will have to do for now. :D

i think this is a common problem among cyclists - I'm allowed only a couple of selected races :-)