Securing a MTB on a bakkie ( pick up)

Active Monkey

Maybe by putting the middle bike on first????

middle bike in first...

tension on tie down is not heavy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something like this ????? takes 3 bikes

pm me for details

Mate of mine has something similar but it has adjusting screws that you turn and it pushes snugly against the sides.

I use Nissan 1400LDV bakkie and I just open the back door, and I put bike upright facing to front at the back of the bakkie. I just tie each rope on each side of handlebar, then I am off... No problems...

This is the second set i made, first was for a 1400 Datsan

the securing on the Datsan was better than on the Bantam, we used the "quick release" latch as on a Venters lid to pill the square tubing onto the bin, this also could be locked to the bakie easily with a set of locks

this way the bin is open to fit all your gear and camping stuffs for the long week end camping in Sabie :thumbup:

I have one to sell that fits on the "bak" in the back. Has a quick release that secures either a road bike OR a MTB front fork

R200 and it's yours. Will even deliver if in Pretoria area. Unluckily I can only send pictures the weekend, as they are both in Pretoria.

Holy Moley but you guys complicate matters.

Get a piece of off cut carpet, cut it to fit the floor pan of your bakkie, throw the bike in. Did that for years with mine, no damage. (The bike was fine too ;) )

If you want to carry more than one bike, chuck and old duvet / blanket / doubled over piece of carpet between them.

Edit: In fact I'm tired of bike racks and all that crap. I'm in the market for a bakkie again, pref double cab.

Edited by davetapson

I have one to sell that fits on the "bak" in the back. Has a quick release that secures either a road bike OR a MTB front fork

R200 and it's yours. Will even deliver if in Pretoria area. Unluckily I can only send pictures the weekend, as they are both in Pretoria.

Does it go over the tornique cover or under? If it's over i'll take it.

Edited by DamMTBer