Raleigh SA

Karakoram

In the last two issues of Tread Magazine, Raleigh SA flighted a double page advertisement for their XXIX+G and XXIX models.

These great looking steel-frame hard-tails got me interested and I wanted to find out a little more about the bikes. This has proven somewhat difficult because Raleigh SA's website, after two months still announces that they will be moving in soon, the 'info' contact email goes unanswered and the contact number goes to voice mail. I'd Raleigh like to know what they cost and who would be stocking them here in Cape Town.

How not to re-launch your brand is my impression.

In the last two issues of Tread Magazine, Raleigh SA flighted a double page advertisement for their XXIX+G and XXIX models.

These great looking steel-frame hard-tails got me interested and I wanted to find out a little more about the bikes. This has proven somewhat difficult because Raleigh SA's website, after two months still announces that they will be moving in soon, the 'info' contact email goes unanswered and the contact number goes to voice mail. I'd Raleigh like to know what they cost and who would be stocking them here in Cape Town.

How not to re-launch your brand is my impression.

I agree.

I was also interested in the XXIX and sent an email before the 94.7 expo. Still no reply. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

At the expo the representative on the stand was clueless and could not answer any of my questions. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

So I guess they have wasted a good opportunity and money on their ad campaign

had the same problem the weekend..

i saw the Raleigh nomad dual suspension and wanted to know price and dealer...

not the most successful search ever.

also saw the under construction web page.

not the best intro or launch ever

Tedibear, the Raleigh Nomad was made by Probike, who has since parted ways with the Raleigh brand. In the future SA will be getting the UK specced Raleighs.

The Nomad is no longer available and you won't find any info as Probike has closed the Raleigh part of their website. The Nomad has probably been re-incarnated under the name of Axis. They say the Axis website will be up early next year

Were they not on show at the 'Emotion Cycling' stand at 94.7? Might be an option to try to contact them ?

www.emotioncycling.co.za

Hi all,

Just a fast intro. I am Grant and I work for Raleigh SA/Emotion Cycling

Very sorry to hear about all the inconvenience and lack of communication that you guys have highlighted.

I will try and shed a little light on the subject from my side.

Regarding the info email issue. This is the first that it has been brought to my attention. I have spoken to our Web designer and these mails will be forwarded to me in future. If you have any queries in the meantime, please don't hesitate to drop me a mail and I will be more than happy to help. Grant@emotioncycling.co.za

Eugene, 100% correct. Raleigh Nomad will not exist in the Raleigh range going forward. We will be stocking the international range.

Big Ben, thanks for the heads up!

Sadly, we are still waiting for our stock to arrive. We were supposed to have had our initial batch of bikes by now, but we have experienced a number of production delays in China. We are expecting stock arrivals early next year.

Please, feel free to contact me with your queries though!!

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Grant

Just a fast intro. I am Grant and I work for Raleigh SA/Emotion Cycling

Very sorry to hear about all the inconvenience and lack of communication that you guys have highlighted.

Hi Grant, thanks for the feedback. How about setting up a Facebook page till the official website is launched(Something like: http://www.facebook.com/RaleighBikesUK). As you can see, some of the folks on this forum are seriously interested in the brand and would like to stay in touch. There may even be many more brand fans outside of this forum and a Fbook page will allow interaction. Remember, the marketplace is very dynamic and I just noticed that Momsen is about to launch a very similar steel 29er frame. Raleigh still has the brand advantage in my opinion, but in the end, the deal probably gets clinched on price and availability where the products are similar enough. Brand then becomes the least important consideration.

Totally agree on this one I also tried contacting Raleigh UK but no response as yet, Maybe Grant can give some prices on the bikes I'm interested in the roadies from what I saw on the UK site they look awesome.

By now Raleigh UK/SA should've been up and running Xmas is around the corner and I'm shopping around... So maybe Raleigh (Another) might be under the tree if we can get info

Grant, if your web developer is causing damage to your brand / business then get a new company. Email shouldn't be a issue these days, you can always get a splash page up with links to Face Book / Twitter account within an hour. Even if it's a stop-gap, it's got to be useful, professional and not send people off else you're already doing damage to your brand even before you've started

The number of people who check you first you online is more and more and you can't track the potential customers who came, went and bought elsewhere. It seems you have a community willing to interact with you already and that is something companies spend a lot of time and money trying to achieve.

If you need recommendations for good web companies & social media guys then just give me a shout.

as far as I know....the new AXIS range of MTB's replaced the nomad range, and are being distributed by Probike

Saw the two next to one another in a LBS in my region (Axis A90 and Nomad 20) EXACTLY the same, just differerce in Specs, but nearly the same. I dont know but to me it seems like a dying brand was resuurected and through this the consumers are being "crooked" a bit I'd say. Ok flame away if you wish

That steel singlespeed with the belt drive was lank cool, saw Danger Dassie rockin a new Raleigh XXIX 29r at the 24hr ..... but then again he's cool like that :thumbup:

as far as I know....the new AXIS range of MTB's replaced the nomad range, and are being distributed by Probike

Saw the two next to one another in a LBS in my region (Axis A90 and Nomad 20) EXACTLY the same, just differerce in Specs, but nearly the same. I dont know but to me it seems like a dying brand was resuurected and through this the consumers are being "crooked" a bit I'd say. Ok flame away if you wish

Seems that neither Probike nor Emotion Cycling regard it as necessary to get websites up to date for marketing.

Probike is delivering truckloads of Axis A90's to dealers and there is NO detail on the web ............... Brandon's blog on Probike talks about a site up and running in 2012 ????

As Eugene earlier pointed out a Tread mag review might become available - https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/110796-the-axis-a90-and-sub-r-3-k-mtb%E2%80%99s/

Emotion Cycling http://www.emotioncycling.co.za/ on the other hand - same disease i.e. advertises in Tread Mag and already have stock coming from China, but do not even have a Raleigh logo or link on their website, despite the appointment by Raleigh UK surely having been concluded early in 2011 ??

Bearing in mind that this is Christmas shopping time,it just makes no sense! Is it poor planning, poor marketing or is the customers loyalty to the Raleigh brand taken for granted? :thumbdown:

Or has the Raleigh Probike - Raleigh UK - Raleigh Emotion Cycling deal not been as seamless and troublefree as we have been led to believe ?

Suppose only time will tell.

Bearing in mind that this is Christmas shopping time,it just makes no sense! Is it poor planning, poor marketing or is the customers loyalty to the Raleigh brand taken for granted? :thumbdown:

Or has the Raleigh Probike - Raleigh UK - Raleigh Emotion Cycling deal not been as seamless and troublefree as we have been led to believe ?

Suppose only time will tell.

thats mainly why I will never setlle for any of the two brands as listed in my first post. My common sense tells me, have your website up and running before starting to sell the product. They are also VERY hesitant in providing specs etc etc...anyways years ago there was an Afrikaans tv series, with the one oke having a motto that went like "mense wat dink hulle is d*nners smart is nie altyd so d*nners smart nie". With that, I rest my case