MTB Tyre Choices

patches

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be between 2 & 3 depending on whether the Ardent is the 2.2 or 2.4 version. If 2.4, then that. If the smaller one, then go for the Ikon 2.4.

its the 2.35 ardent but none exo. Only 3c what about something abut more pricey like the forecaster or high Roller? I can always save abit. I have used my wifes sphinx tyres the past weekend to race

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Theunissa

Okay then not that. EXO casing is far superior to non exo.

what about forecaster or highroller 2. I know they cost more. But csn always wait abit. I read good reviews

what about forecaster or highroller 2. I know they cost more. But csn always wait abit. I read good reviews

Forekaster for sure. HR2 is a great tyre as well but caters more towards teh gravity side of the market. 

FWIW I'd take the Forekaster over the Ikon & Ardent. 2.35 width. Exo casing. 3c compound. 

Sorry to just drop in.. have a tyre question.

My front tyre which is a purgatory (GRiD) on an Arch ex 29" rim, is running skew :cursing:  ...before I got the tyre to inflate, it exploded off the rim. 

the rim is perfectly true, but the tyre looks like it is "buckled" <<<for lack of a better way to explain..

How do I get it right?

My front tyre which is a purgatory (GRiD) on an Arch ex 29" rim, is running skew :cursing: ...before I got the tyre to inflate, it exploded off the rim.

the rim is perfectly true, but the tyre looks like it is "buckled" <<<for lack of a better way to explain..

How do I get it right?

You probably can't. You're in for some new rubber. Always make sure your tyre is correctly seated before inflating it and never exceed the pressures noted on the tyre sidewall.

My front tyre which is a purgatory (GRiD) on an Arch ex 29" rim, is running skew :cursing: ...before I got the tyre to inflate, it exploded off the rim.

the rim is perfectly true, but the tyre looks like it is "buckled" <<<for lack of a better way to explain..

How do I get it right?

Bead is stuffed.

You probably can't. You're in for some new rubber. Always make sure your tyre is correctly seated before inflating it and never exceed the pressures noted on the tyre sidewall.

Used the pump at fuel station...[emoji19]

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Bead is stuffed.

Okay.. but it is seated now and it's been around 80km later... so... I'm a bit lazy to take off.. New rubber=money. So gonna ride it for as long as I can.

It's just so visually disturbing.

Edited by TAAHIRWP

Okay.. but it is seated now and it's been around 80km later... so... I'm a bit lazy to take off.. New rubber=money. So gonna ride it for as long as I can.

Not much you can do about it I'm afraid

i hear you bit what happens if it comes of when you are doing 30 km/h on a rocky down hill. Is 750 worth ribs through the lung. Lying in icu and almost dying?

Umm - it's more than visually disturbing - its likely pretty dangerous. 

Think of it like this:  Would you drive your car at 120Km h on the highway with a bubble in the sidewall? If yes then leave it - otherwise you have destroyed the sidewall and its dangerous. You land on that hard and it will likely blow into bits.

Rims need rubber for traction...

Went out and got ground control grid 2.3 instead of tge forecaster. Nobody has the forecaster instock here in pta. And its also R100 more. So hope its same quality 0c62504eca6a29fb6c949f3fa651a5cd.jpg

Excellent choice. The Ground Control in the (tougher) GRID casing is a very good general purpose trail tyre.