[Event] Tour De PPA

'Dale

To answer your question -

League is like clubs having teams riding but is limited to A,B and C seeded riders on the PPA ladder. Edit: it also includes single guys not affiliated to clubs / teams too.

This is divided into Elites, Vets and Sub Vets (and ladies I think)

the rising star league is for guys aspiring to ride 'proper' league but are seeded in D to F.

Yes, there is still the Funride aspect to it. The usual PPA groups will still happen there.

I don't know if you have noticed it, but there is normally a few bunches with super slick bikes hanging out towards the front of every race - those are the league guys. PPA alphabet soup leaves after them. A, B, C, D, etc.

I, over two seasons, have worked myself up from X to B, and as can be read, considering doing league. Just a daunting thought rubbing shoulders with top guys. It gets really competitive up there - broken bones etc...

It's easier to hang back in the alphabet soup and 'chill' than grind out ever hill at full speed and chill the descents and flats.

it is now from E - I if remember correctly.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang with Andydude, get a million tips in the post-training coffee session and stay on his wheel until you wanna cry for Mama for at least 3 training rides...

Dude you should see the other guys in my team = monsters! I'm but a shy wolfie waiting for crumbs...

Two things that made me relatively strong (1) Tuesday morning training with my teammates (Durbanville / Jip / Plattekloof / Conters / Malans / back via Tiekies) and (2) Killarney on Wednesdays. Anybody welcome to join for (1) (2 open to anybody in anycase) so let me know... and then you'll also understand my frequent expression "But why?!".

7 leagues races - that's going to be fun! Full calender with a tour in April!

Remember to train well in December.

Dude you should see the other guys in my team = monsters! I'm but a shy wolfie waiting for crumbs...

Two things that made me relatively strong (1) Tuesday morning training with my teammates (Durbanville / Jip / Plattekloof / Conters / Malans / back via Tiekies) and (2) Killarney on Wednesdays. Anybody welcome to join for (1) (2 open to anybody in anycase) so let me know... and then you'll also understand my frequent expression "But why?!".

I see the last two are back to back races - Wilde and Bay City (Saturday and Sunday the same weekend).

You doing the Tour de Boland? :thumbup: I only got as far as being the only volunteer last year. Was tough going but at least I got an event T-Shirt. LOL :thumbup:

WoW!!!

I have not seen a race schedule like that for a looong time. :eek:

FORTHCOMING EVENTS: JANUARY & FEBRUARY

Sun 8 Jan: Olympic Cycles/ Pres Les/ Foord Asset “Journey 4 Sight ‘n Service” – entries open

Sun 15 Jan: (new) Tour de PPA – entries open

Sun 22 Jan: Cycle Lab Cape Cobra Challenge – entries open

Sun 29 Jan: Bouckhaert Soenen Funride & MTB

Sat 4 Feb: Franschhoek Lions/ Porcupine MTB Challenge

Sun 5 Feb: The GP Koning Waterproofing and Roofing Roller Coaster

Sat 11 Feb: Reeds Chevrolet Ninety Niner Cycle Race – entries open

Sun 19 Feb: Medallion Tour de Stellenbosch

Sat 25 Feb: Wellington Lions Cycle Day

Sun 26 Feb: Bay City Cycle Tour

It's gonna be fun. As someone said earlier, better get those legs turning properly this December.

My bias towards you, Andydude, is that you live in my neighbourhood...

And you've got many stories & lessons to share with Tiny K about S V. :thumbup:

Guys the "riser league" or cat 3 is a waste of time. I did it last year. The racing is stupid. You will get more fun out of the event if you ride in your seeded group. To make it worse you actually start after the F group (if i remember correctly). You will have faster times if you race in your PPA group. There is no reason for this group to exist!

Dale why do you have the Event Date as Monday 9 Jan?

You sure?

:mellow:

Edited by ' Dale

I will be racing that STARS league... :)

How many other guys in the Summer Stars League, in Spring there were between 10-15?

League is like clubs having teams riding but is limited to A,B and C seeded riders on the PPA ladder. Edit: it also includes single guys not affiliated to clubs / teams too.

This is divided into Elites, Vets and Sub Vets (and ladies I think)

the rising star league is for guys aspiring to ride 'proper' league but are seeded in D to F.

I just feel so left out :(