[Event] Tour De PPA

'Dale

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed the Cycle Tours guy girl Eulogy du Plessis and she said she is trying to drum up support for a team format for the Stars Cat.

Just thought I'd let you know ;)

by the PPA group starting behind, no? At which point it would be a case of riding in that bunch and trying to keep tabs on the other league riders?

Not sure you're allowed to? generally if there is a marshall around and they see you mixing in with other groups you will be ejected.

ie: If you start in Stars you can't slot in with the U16's, U14's, Masters, Elites group, Womens...

Don't know if this applies to PPA groups though?

Edited by Zac.A

Just thought I'd let you know ;)

Not sure you're allowed to? generally if there is a marshall around and they see you mixing in with other groups you will be ejected.

ie: If you start in Stars you can't slot in with the U16's, U14's, Masters, Elites group, Womens...

Don't know if this applies to PPA groups though?

thanks, it could have been my funeral otherwise ;)

@Touristvisa - I was confused too when I first read her name.

Well I know that when we did the D'ville high school race we caught a racing chickie or two - a lady told her to drop off the bunch as she was gaining an unfair advantage by sitting slip in the middle of the bunch. Theoretically if you are riding racing stars league, you aren't gonna catch the other league riders unless they bomb out. they only leave after the A - E PPA group.

Btw, route updated.... see they mentioned Fairview on the PPA email, so I can only assume we are using the second turn for voor paardeberg to make up the race distance. Link still the same. http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/62778720/

@Touristvisa - I was confused too when I first read her name.

Well I know that when we did the D'ville high school race we caught a racing chickie or two - a lady told her to drop off the bunch as she was gaining an unfair advantage by sitting slip in the middle of the bunch. Theoretically if you are riding racing stars league, you aren't gonna catch the other league riders unless they bomb out. they only leave after the A - E PPA group.

so when PPA F group comes by, and all the stars sit-in, what then?

so when PPA F group comes by, and all the stars sit-in, what then?

Not got a clue man..... hopefully the marshalls will sort that one out.

But if F comes by, you were going too slow for them to catch you anyway :lol:

nope - but you can join me in F. Think the F guys are gonna kill me unsure.gif

Yeah, I enjoy racing with my 'home boy' DD...

F is for Fast & Furious.

F group is anything but Fast, ask me cause thats where i rode on Sunday past. They were going so slow that the H riders caught & passed us & finished nearly 5 minutes ahead of us (taking into consideration the 2 minute gap between groups)

F group is anything but Fast, ask me cause thats where i rode on Sunday past. They were going so slow that the H riders caught & passed us & finished nearly 5 minutes ahead of us (taking into consideration the 2 minute gap between groups)

Is that all of the F group, or just you? :D . Sounds like you were part of the group who was caught and passed by H. Could you not hang onto H from then onwards? :P :lol: :D

Yeah, I was yanking a derailleur with my F acronym...

You could've guttered along the Cape Point stretch, put some gap between you and snail paced F and kick some azzz, man. :lol:

Anyone here racing in 'E' with me?

^_^

Probably me, provided i get there in time, i'm always late.

Will be in Aayuni Optical kit, RED Raleigh RC3000!

I will be in G.

My first PPA race in 2 years.

Been a long time since I have been riding in a group, so I will a bit nervous.

Is that all of the F group, or just you? :D . Sounds like you were part of the group who was caught and passed by H. Could you not hang onto H from then onwards? :P :lol: :D

LOL!! I delibaretly said "they were riding so slow" cause I was not. Honestly there was about 4 or 5 of us who was actually willing to work, not enough with that headwind we had. In an effort to up the pace yours truley was at the front for most of the race, so much that I only discovered that G combined with F after the results were posted, which begs the question why I did not see any G riders in the front for some part of the race, only one bloke decided to come to the front....yes you guessed it to take the sprint for postion 200th. So when H decided to attack on Boyes I couldnt stick with, burned too much matches earlier on but what the hell it was a good work out.

Yeah, I was yanking a derailleur with my F acronym...

You could've guttered along the Cape Point stretch, put some gap between you and snail paced F and kick some azzz, man. :lol:

In hindsight I should've hey but didnt think the guys were going to sell me short by that much.