Doping announcements

Jules

Common sentiment in the Pro Tour bunch of 2011 is that "cycling is much cleaner...".

1 bad result in the TdF.

:thumbup:

Dunno much more about the local scene.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Either no one wants to spill the beans or they are in the dark, so.......

I have heard that a subvet from a well known club allegedly failed a dope test at Argus and that the alleged individual hasn't been racing this season.

Question is, why has it taken CSA so long to make a pronouncement?

Edited by Thug

Question is, why has it taken CSA to make a pronouncement?

Too busy brushing up on their Dickens?

Common sentiment in the Pro Tour bunch of 2011 is that "cycling is much cleaner...".

1 bad result in the TdF.

:thumbup:

One positive at the Tour doesn't mean the peleton is cleaner. It just means only one person failed a test. That's all.

Don't read into it, and for heaven's sake, don't believe the UCI or the their spokes-people...

• 1 month later...

Dear XXXX

Thank you for your mail.

The names of athletes that test positive positive are included in our

annual report.

As far as the Argus 2011 is concerned, there was a non-negative. The

hearing of the case was concluded in December

We are now waiting for the written decision from the Tribunal

Regards

YYYY

Doping Control Manager

South African Institute for Drug-Free Sport

The CSA are triple turbochargeg with fires under their collective asses compared to the UCI...

Contador - tested and found "non negative" in 2010. It's 2012 now and ticking.....maybe we'll know who the 2012 TdF winner is before the 2010 tour winner.

Flipping silly aint it?

The berto ruling is comming up...

Before the end of the month apparently.

cant wait.

Positive or not, this thing took so flipping long, one could swear it was run by the SA gouvernment.

post-1279-0-33229900-1327309895.jpg

I have heard that a subvet from a well known club allegedly failed a dope test at Argus and that the alleged individual hasn't been racing this season.

Phew I'm still racing so it can't be me...

Dear XXXX

As far as the Argus 2011 is concerned, there was a non-negative. The

hearing of the case was concluded in December

Is that like in math where two negatives make a positive? Why can't they just say so or is there a technical difference between "non-negative" and "positive"?

Is that like in math where two negatives make a positive? Why can't they just say so or is there a technical difference between "non-negative" and "positive"?

I stand corrected, but I think a non-negative suggests the appearance of a banned substance in a sample; an unnaturally high level of something that occurs naturally in the body; or a medicine which the cyclist may have an exemption for.

I've been thinking now, the big hindrance to testing here in SA is the costs involved, especially if there is an appeal. Can't CSA make a rule to say that the tests are for CSA's account, but if found positive, then the rider must pay for the test and re-test if required? It's then like a loan that must be repaid and if you don't pay you get blacklisted.