[Event] Cycle Lab Cape Cobra Challenge

'Dale

Event Name: Cycle Lab Cape Cobra Challenge
When: 22 January 2012
Where: Reddam House School, Constantia, Western Cape
Category: Road

A special event which focuses on climbing ability.

Go to Event Page

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Recce ride on 27 Dec with wheels rolling from Cycle Lab Westlake at 06:30...

If you haven't raced this technically demanding course, come check it out!

So far, plugged in:

Zac.A

Niklasvm

MTB_Roadie

Tiny K

Spat

X-Man

Wannabe

' Dale

^_^

Edited by ' Dale

I am in..... drop MariusL a mail - he may want to join. He did a 150Km ride yesterday :blink: a 160 odd ride tomorrow :unsure: Crazy ass!

He did a 150Km ride yesterday :blink: a 160 odd ride tomorrow :unsure: Crazy ass!

Its called building base or base training man...

You gotta start believing in the training concept. :D

It can make you stronger on the bike, for sure.

The long and medium routes start with a neutral zone to the circle on Steenberg Road. Cyclists will then pass the bottom of Ou Kaapse Weg before tackling Boyes Drive and pedalling through Fish Hoek, keeping next to the sea before turning right to climb over Black Hill.

At the bottom of Black Hill, the 85 km riders will turn left to Kommetjie over Slangkop and pedal through Misty Cliffs, past the entrance to Cape Point and through Simon’s Town. Some 600m past Red Hill follows a mean climb up to the Maritime Reaction Squadron (caution: sharp left corner). From there cyclists pedal through Da Gama Park and go down to the Main Road before tackling Black Hill a second time.

Once through the Sun Valley four-way intersection, cyclists will detour left to Noordhoek before climbing Ou Kaapse Weg for the hill-top finish.

The 30 km route will go straight at the Sun Valley intersection before turning left to Noordhoek before climbing Ou Kaapse Weg for the hill-top finish.

There is a neutral zone from the finish line to the venue.

Oh good grief! I thought I was reading the same thread as last year. Is deja vu the same as voodoo?

depends on the (a). brand of booze, or (B) origin of weed, or © a+b = d.

depends on the (a). brand of booze, or (B) origin of weed, or © a+b = d.

I get driven (or ridden) to it, Slowbee. Another of 'Dale's "Training" Rides" (aka mad A-group riders out on a leisurely but still twice-as-fast-as-anyone-else sight-seeing) and I'll be snorting up the Chrystal Meth (do you snort CM? Not you personally. Does one snort CM?)) faster than a drug mule riding a Dogma can get it to me in her dreads

I get driven (or ridden) to it, Slowbee. Another of 'Dale's "Training" Rides" (aka mad A-group riders out on a leisurely but still twice-as-fast-as-anyone-else sight-seeing) and I'll be snorting up the Chrystal Meth (do you snort CM? Not you personally. Does one snort CM?)) faster than a drug mule riding a Dogma can get it to me in her dreads

well if you ain't blinking out the salty tears, the only sight you should be seeing is the brand/sponsor logo of the guy-in-front-of you's bib shorts...if you can see anything else you ain't close enough Mr Kwaffee Le Turbo sir! :P

[edited to add a smiley winky thing to let you know I'm seriously not being serious, so you don't take a fence, or any other partition structure]

Edited by touristvisa

we need to get tourvista in on this. His pinarello, you, some CM, and riding with 'dale

I would love to but unfortunately I'll be in Knysna whilst 'Dale makes you all cry like little girlies sucking your thumbs halfway up military hill on the recce ride.

I shall be at the startline on January 22nd though