[Event] Cycle Lab Cape Cobra Challenge

'Dale

Shortly after that I got a phone call requesting a tube and some bombs, he couldn't get it inflated with the pump and forgot his bomb adapter.

So I rode out and the bomb worked fine, but his race was definitely over, fiddled with the tube for 20mins...

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shortly after that I got a phone call requesting a tube and some bombs, he couldn't get it inflated with the pump and forgot his bomb adapter.

So I rode out and the bomb worked fine, but his race was definitely over, fiddled with the tube for 20mins...

Yeah, he was sitting down on the rail guard thingy.

That's racing... tch!

Well done Dale & Zac, pity about your dad, had a chat with him in the start chute. Weather was great. I enjoyed my race. Much better than last week. I was pleased to still have strong legs up oukaaps.

Found a pair of sunglasses on the sports field at Reddam after the race. If anybody might know the owner, let them know. Expensive pair, so prefer the owner to identify what he or she lost . We will leave a message at the PPA office in the morning as well.

What a great day it was to be out there on the bike, super scenery, nice and cool, no wind, even a little drizzle speeding down Ou Kaapse Weg. We had huge fun! :clap:

For a change it was great to start (almost) first. I think the starting order sorted all the congestion problems at the finish out, preventing short and long routes from intermingling near the finish. I was super impressed with the organisation.

Found a pair of sunglasses on the sports field at Reddam after the race. If anybody might know the owner, let them know. Expensive pair, so prefer the owner to identify what he or she lost . We will leave a message at the PPA office in the morning as well.

Good act.

DOES ANY ONE KNOW THE BLACK GUY WAS WEARING NEUTRAL SKIN SUIT TODAY? HE DID SOLE BREAK AWAY AT THE BOTTOM OF MARITIME HILL THEY SAY AND STAYED AWAY FOR REMAINING OF THE RACE, I TRIED TO SIT HIS WHEEL BUT THE GUY WAS FLIYING

WHEN ARE THE RESULTS GOING UP?! :cursing:

I didn't even do the race but interested in how my cycling buds did :thumbup:

Edit: on a side note - I heard that a Stars rider went down around Smits - head on with a m/cycle :eek: Not too sure if anybody can confirm. Apparently cyclist went over the white line and I guess around a blind corner..... I dunno too much. Maybe a Stars rider can inform the interested?

Edited by Tiny K

DOES ANY ONE KNOW THE BLACK GUY WAS WEARING NEUTRAL SKIN SUIT TODAY? HE DID SOLE BREAK AWAY AT THE BOTTOM OF MARITIME HILL THEY SAY AND STAYED AWAY FOR REMAINING OF THE RACE, I TRIED TO SIT HIS WHEEL BUT THE GUY WAS FLIYING

What seeded bunch?

My first Cape Cobra and a helluva race. The Elite bunch was cooking with the up-country imports from Bonitas and 1 x Christoph Sauser. It was a pleasure to have my lungs forced through my eyeballs on a few of those hills...

I have got to say though, a couple of team riders really do need to pull their heads in. I saw numerous riders from Bonitas, Cape Town Market and Maties throw gu sachets and energy bar wrappers while we were riding. I understand we all drop the occasional gu tab, or bottle. But I find deliberately throwing litter on the tarmac or into the roadside disgusting and totally inexcusable.

Put it in your pockets! No-one is going to clean up after you. It is a privilege to ride in this part of the world and I don't care who you are, no race result, even in the Elite peloton, is important enough to warrant this behaviour. FFS you're racing for points in a minor regional league, not the TdF.

*rant over*

WHEN ARE THE RESULTS GOING UP?! :cursing:

I didn't even do the race but interested in how my cycling buds did :thumbup:

Edit: on a side note - I heard that a Stars rider went down around Smits - head on with a m/cycle :eek: Not too sure if anybody can confirm. Apparently cyclist went over the white line and I guess around a blind corner..... I dunno too much. Maybe a Stars rider can inform the interested?

Another thread about this, "Cape Cobra accident" i think.

When I did the Journey 4 sight, I started with the B bunch, it was hellishly windy and they ended up on the white line and sometimes even halfway in the oncoming lane.

Cyclists need to be more careful, I mean, riding in the oncoming lane?!

Without any road closure!

Of course if there is a crash then it can't be helped if you skid into the other lane...

My first Cape Cobra and a helluva race. The Elite bunch was cooking with the up-country imports from Bonitas and 1 x Christoph Sauser. It was a pleasure to have my lungs forced through my eyeballs on a few of those hills...

I have got to say though, a couple of team riders really do need to pull their heads in. I saw numerous riders from Bonitas, Cape Town Market and Maties throw gu sachets and energy bar wrappers while we were riding. I understand we all drop the occasional gu tab, or bottle. But I find deliberately throwing litter on the tarmac or into the roadside disgusting and totally inexcusable.

Put it in your pockets! No-one is going to clean up after you. It is a privilege to ride in this part of the world and I don't care who you are, no race result, even in the Elite peloton, is important enough to warrant this behaviour. FFS you're racing for points in a minor regional league, not the TdF.

*rant over*

You got a point.

A - C

If it's him that I am thinking of, he broke away with Shan Wilson on Hels last week - top 7 (including me) caught him with about 1km to go before the finish line. Someone in the bunch did know him but can't remember who.

He has the legs of a league rider and I wonder if he decided to ride PPA soup for Summer.......

you could have seen him going solo down black hill 2nd time belive me the guy was fliying. any one with this guys no?