money cant buy you skills

kamikaze

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great way to encourage the guy up loading video's and making a mock of him! well done keyboard racers :clap:

Great way to encourage the guy up loading video's and making a mock of him! well done keyboard racers :clap:

+1ish...

We were all there at some stage and I still have some moments that require some mental fortitude to prevent myself throwing my bike down (very carefully to avoid any damage to my new baby) and having a hissy fit. Especially when following my mate around Rietvlei - damn the boys got mad skillz. Plus he frikkin lives 5km away and spends 99% of his life there!

Frustration plus the pressure to perform when scared makes for unpredictable results...

Cudos for chasing the guy down and getting him back into the fold!

Cudos for chasing the guy down and getting him back into the fold!

A good time to explain the term HTFU an how it applies to cycling :)

A good time to explain the term HTFU an how it applies to cycling :)

Everything is relative - if a real DHiller took you down a run at max speed and you couldn't keep up would it be fair for him to tell you to HTFU?

If a hard core XCer made you follow him on a World Cup XC course and you balked at a gap jump/drop off would it be fair for him to tell you to HTFU?

In cycling as in life there is always someone faster/slower, more/less technically skilled, more/less fitter than you.

In cycling as in life there is always someone faster/slower, more/less technically skilled, more/less fitter than you.

Except on the hub....

Except on the hub....

Damnit - I keeop forgetting that principle. The one where every single hubber is the fastest, raddest, gnarliest, smartest, most experienced and coolest cyclist out there :lol:

Damnit - I keeop forgetting that principle. The one where every single hubber is the fastest, raddest, gnarliest, smartest, most experienced and coolest cyclist out there :lol:

Exactly! Now HTFU.....

Everything is relative - if a real DHiller took you down a run at max speed and you couldn't keep up would it be fair for him to tell you to HTFU?

If a hard core XCer made you follow him on a World Cup XC course and you balked at a gap jump/drop off would it be fair for him to tell you to HTFU?

Could not agree more. Not sure what kamikaze is trying to prove with the clip? Everybody has to start somewhere. I never heard the guy claim in the clip that his bike will solve the tech /skills problem like kamikaze claims. Cycling can be enjoyed by riders of all skill levels. Joke is on the guy who took a beginner this track.

Could not agree more. Not sure what kamikaze is trying to prove with the clip? Everybody has to start somewhere. I never heard the guy claim in the clip that his bike will solve the tech /skills problem like kamikaze claims. Cycling can be enjoyed by riders of all skill levels. Joke is on the guy who took a beginner this track.

Did you listen to the clip, the guy threw a little fit and left like a real prima donna - No one laughed about him not doing it or finding it technical - we found it funny that he was pissed off and said he was going to "fark-aaafff' like a spoilt brat who bought a 30k bike and dint want to roll it down a slope...

Guy gets off his expensive bike, ask if the entire route is like this and when told that it gets more technical he says that he is leaving(in strong language). Sounds to me like someone who realised the route is more technical than what he can manage.

What was he supposed to do? Pretend he can ride it and hold up everyone else trying to ride the trail? Then someone would have posted about unskilled and slow riders that spoil the trails for the fast riders.

What does the price of his bike have to do with anything?

I ride a R30 000+ bike. I bought it because I like it and enjoy riding it. Does the fact that I'm not the best rider mean that I can't have the best bike I can afford?

Shame, he was just saying it out loud what we all were thinking the first time on proper single track. Hang in there mate,it only gets worse!

I am glad the guys did not do this to me when I started out .I was aware of my limits and inabilities.This is a sure way to buy a good second hand bike cheaply. :thumbdown: