money cant buy you skills

kamikaze

1324800130[/url]' post='1555319']

Guy gets off his expensive bike, ask if the entire route is like this and when told that it gets more technical he says that he is leaving(in strong language). blah blah blah

What does the price of his bike have to do with anything?

its like somebody that cant drive pitching up to do his driving test in top of the line lambo, i have nothing against having a expensive bike but if his been riding for sevral months, upgrading to a more expensive wont improve his skills.just like it wont make me faster spending the money i want to spend on my bike... but i can do and do enjoy the chincal sections...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow there's quite a lot of jealousy out there. To some people R30k is really not a lot of money so why shouldn't they spend that on a bike. Maybe if he gets serious he will buy something nicer.

its like somebody that cant drive pitching up to do his driving test in top of the line lambo, i have nothing against having a expensive bike but if his been riding for sevral months, upgrading to a more expensive wont improve his skills.just like it wont make me faster spending the money i want to spend on my bike... but i can do and do enjoy the chincal sections...

Unless you buy a 29r apparently - grabs coat and hat and heads for the door ;)

I beg to differ...

...money can buy you skils

http://homefixated.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/SKIL_18V_4_Kit.jpg

You kidding right? So if you push too hard on the pedals of a 30K bike it will wheel spin wildly out of control into the wall? I think people on this thread seriously need to get off their high perches and grow up a little. Maybe start worrying about your own limitations before making fun of those of others.

Edited by velo

At least this guy was out on the trail, while many persons his age were on the couch watching tv.

Besides, I think it is bad manners to post a video of someone without his permission.

In a situation like this it is best to switch the camera off, an let the rest of the group carry on while you help the guy on his technical skills, and allow him the awesome feeling of clearing a section of trail he has not cleared before.

Edited by Stephan

At least this guy was out on the trail, while many persons his age were on the couch watching tv.

Besides, I think it is bad manners to post a video of someone without his permission.

In a situation like this it is best to switch the camera off, an let the rest of the group carry on while you help the guy on his technical skills, and allow him the awesome feeling of clearing a section of trail he has not cleared before.

Well said!!!

How can going for a mtb ride be compared to going for a driving test? It was not like he was trying to do the Tour de France.

1324881104[/url]' post='1555423']

How can going for a mtb ride be compared to going for a driving test? It was not like he was trying to do the Tour de France.

the comparison was about spending money when you dont have the skills to truelly use it to its full potentional..or evn half it poitentinal but guess that was lost on you...

i really do hope he stays in the sport its a great hobby / obsession. . . but i've seen it all too often, people spend a fortune getting the best of the best, then doing it for 5 rides and either selling the bike or putting the bike into storage and forgetting about it.. only pulling out to brag to his buddies about how much money he spent...

so for me, i would prefer a guy starts small and has the bug hit him, get the skills and then upgrade to something better..

at the moment i'm getting somebody hooked, given him a okish bike and taking him for a ride, told him to walk the sections i know he does not have the skill yet, but knowing soon if he tries and the passion hit, which i think it has pushing his skills to a level that he will never walk a track,

the comparison was about spending money when you dont have the skills to truelly use it to its full potentional..or evn half it poitentinal but guess that was lost on you...

i really do hope he stays in the sport its a great hobby / obsession. . . but i've seen it all too often, people spend a fortune getting the best of the best, then doing it for 5 rides and either selling the bike or putting the bike into storage and forgetting about it.. only pulling out to brag to his buddies about how much money he spent...

so for me, i would prefer a guy starts small and has the bug hit him, get the skills and then upgrade to something better..

at the moment i'm getting somebody hooked, given him a okish bike and taking him for a ride, told him to walk the sections i know he does not have the skill yet, but knowing soon if he tries and the passion hit, which i think it has pushing his skills to a level that he will never walk a track,

This is your second post with spelling mistakes. Does that mean that you should refrain from using electronic equipment(or English) because you can't use a keyboard to its full or possibly even half its potential?

i wonder how many times slowlady slowly and carefully checked that last riposte to not make it ironic.. ;)

I wonder if there's more to it than just the vid, meaning, was the guy bragging beforehand about his new waste of money. Or is the vid simply depicting how badly some ppl handle uncomfortable situations. Him losing his temper leads me to think he is deeply embarrassed about something: new ride not giving birth to new size balls, or his own personal inability to ride tech-ish stuff. I'm not a shrink so save the flames.

At the end of the day, his overTheTop outburst is still funny, if only because we all know we've been there before at some point, but can now laugh at it abit.

Does that mean that you should blah blah, I'm a frustrated pedant.

No, it means you should change your username.