And this is why I love the western cape

headhunter2000

I'm very blessed in Durbanville with all the good road and MTB routes on my doorstep!

Here we played around at Meerendal during June... our winter, so it's green :)

post-12446-0-18968000-1324545087.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a really great feel-good picture AD.

(um but that bit by the bike tyres, it looks brown :) )

Edited by Joe Low

Seems like those in the Western Cape could do with some computer training! :)

So come on, Top Fuel, tell us what he posted in error the first time up?

I hope he shares some Western Cape photos during winter... it's stunning there that time of the year.

Ther was no pitcha first time round. Seems it is there now.

I'm very blessed in Durbanville with all the good road and MTB routes on my doorstep!

Here we played around at Meerendal during June... our winter, so it's green :)

Can't agree more, we can wake up the morning, decide will we be cycling to Rooi Els, Franschoek, Du Toits Kloof, Melkbos, Camps Bay, Chappies, etc....so many options to choose from

Harvested corn lands... I think that's the english? (Gesnyde koringlande!)

They're green in winter after rain, goes dryer and brown and then gets harvested.

Well, that would be my guess as to the brown areas.

Koring is Wheat not corn.. so they are harvested wheat fields

Corn is Mielies!!

Taken after riding up past the golf course, up through the forest and into silvermine round the peak far left and down Ou kaapse weg (needed to get to work on time)

Cape Town is the place to be.

post-3341-0-21394600-1324554648.jpg

Taken after riding up past the golf course, up through the forest and into silvermine round the peak far left and down Ou kaapse weg (needed to get to work on time)

Cape Town is the place to be.

Oh that is beautiful.

No riding in Durban today until the sun goes down, unless you have some sort of death wish. It is cooking out there. Car said 32 down at the beach front and hit 35 as we drove up Field's Hill.

No riding in Durban today until the sun goes down, unless you have some sort of death wish. It is cooking out there. Car said 32 down at the beach front and hit 35 as we drove up Field's Hill.

That's why I think there's no perfect place in SA

Winter: Durbs (perfect weather, less tourists - although you'd need to be a meth head to want to tour Durban, it's become a dump)

Autumn: Cape Town (less wind, perfect temperature, less tourists)

Summer: Highveld (cant beat those thunderstorms)

Spring: Everywhere's awesome.

Still, CT wins hands down in the socio-political, lifestyle and just about everything else departments.

oh, and MTB here is proper. None of this namby pamby groomed jeep track in bib shorts rubbish.

So come on, Top Fuel, tell us what he posted in error the first time up?

What I saw was a lamppost poster of JZ with a (to me in any case) PINK "Zorro" type mask on.

That's why I think there's no perfect place in SA

Winter: Durbs (perfect weather, less tourists - although you'd need to be a meth head to want to tour Durban, it's become a dump)

Autumn: Cape Town (less wind, perfect temperature, less tourists)

Summer: Highveld (cant beat those thunderstorms)

Spring: Everywhere's awesome.

Still, CT wins hands down in the socio-political, lifestyle and just about everything else departments.

oh, and MTB here is proper. None of this namby pamby groomed jeep track in bib shorts rubbish.

So not even a tinge of bias in this post then?!

When last were you in Durban? Although I'm almost certain you'll respond and tell me you were here a week ago in which case I'm going to request you take your CT tainted glasses off and actually look around. Durban is looking far better than I ever recall it. It seems you CT wanna be republic, DA brain washed folk seem to think you are the only place in SA worth a visit or improving. A mate who has been living in the UK for eight years has come back to Durban with his family and has been commenting on how much improvement he has noted, not just in infrastructure but people's attitudes.

Proper mountain biking? What do you refer to Karkloof, the Midlands and the like as? As far as I understand it Pietermaritzburg is often referred to as the MTB capital of SA.

Nope, no bias at all.... oh yeah, and you also have stunningly warm water in your ocean.

Edited by Clint_ZA

So not even a tinge of bias in this post then?!

When last were you in Durban? Although I'm almost certain you'll respond and tell me you were here a week ago in which case I'm going to request you take your CT tainted glasses off and actually look around. Durban is looking far better than I ever recall it. It seems you CT wanna be republic, DA brain washed folk seem to think you are the only place in SA worth a visit or improving. A mate who has been living in the UK for eight years has come back to Durban with his family and has been commenting on how much improvement he has noted, not just in infrastructure but people's attitudes.

Proper mountain biking? What do you refer to Karkloof, the Midlands and the like as? AS far as I understand it Pietermaritzburg is often referred to mas the MTB capital of SA.

Nope, no bias at all.... oh yeah, and you also have stunningly warm water in your ocean.

and a mine dump in drag.

Have you seen how the Pope gets off a plane, kneels down and kiss the earth? Well, others do it when they get to cape Town, and rightly so! ;)