XTerra Grabouw SS

Pronutro

Okay, this might be a stupid question but I need advice from people who was in my situation before.

I entered this Xterra and I do not have a tri-suit, so now my question stands - what is the best way to dress?

Use normal gala swimsuit and put (lose) pants over when going to run and cycle?

Or go swim in short tights which will be used for running and cycling as well?

Or buy a tri-suit?

Okay, this might be a stupid question but I need advice from people who was in my situation before.

I entered this Xterra and I do not have a tri-suit, so now my question stands - what is the best way to dress?

Use normal gala swimsuit and put (lose) pants over when going to run and cycle?

Or go swim in short tights which will be used for running and cycling as well?

Or buy a tri-suit?

Use a gala swimsuit and pull pants and cycling shirt over it.

If more support is needed when running, wear a jog bra underneath the suit.

Use a gala swimsuit and pull pants and cycling shirt over it.

If more support is needed when running, wear a jog bra underneath the suit.

Thanks, think I will go test it beforehand (just to make sure). :blush:

• 3 weeks later...

Just entered the Grabouw event. Decided to do the full.

Never done an Xterra before but have done several tri's and 2 70.3's

Any tips for the Xterra virgin?

Just entered the Grabouw event. Decided to do the full.

Never done an Xterra before but have done several tri's and 2 70.3's

Any tips for the Xterra virgin?

I wa in your position last year and ended up taking an hour longer than i had expected. The run for the long is very steep,goes through a little river so your shoes willbe wet. nice run in the sand next to the dam before you finsh. Be prepared! and do some trail running and lots of hills!

I wa in your position last year and ended up taking an hour longer than i had expected. The run for the long is very steep,goes through a little river so your shoes willbe wet. nice run in the sand next to the dam before you finsh. Be prepared! and do some trail running and lots of hills!

Thanks

How long should I be looking at?

I've done both 70.3 in +- 6hrs

Probably best just to go out there and have a jol and forget about the damn clock!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok trying to get the mind ready for next weekend, we entered a team so should be easy!! hope so.. I see there is alot of sand on the mtb trail.... Just run low pressure and hopefully no need to push!

@pronutro ... skip this "wish wash talk" RE gear selection, as this is useless without a pic of the SS :)

Where do you usually ride and what ratio have you been using?

Some serious competition this weekend!

Raynard Tissink will try his luck (he is a self-confessed scared cat on Mountain Bikes), The Caveman willbe ever present, World Champ Dan Hugo and up-and-comer Stuart MArais will give everyone a run for their money!

Keep a lookout for Age Grouper Raoul De Jongh as well! And also Jean van Wyk if he is fit!

It's only a 10km run, how hard can it be?

Maybe I really under estimate the difficulty of the course (it's happened before). Let's assume I am fit enough to do a tough-ish 42km run, and a tough-ish 100km+ MTB cycle, and that I have done similar events in the past. In that context, is the XTerra course so hard that I shouldn't consider doing it SS? If the answer is yes, then I'll reconsider, I don't mind doing it with gears. It must be one helluva course then.

Actually, my bigger concern was not going SS, but the rigid fork (if it is rocky). But now you guys have me double guessing wink.gif

save some gas for the run, it's a steep taaier naaier

Eishoo. Just received an SMS from XTerra...

"Bad weather & strong winds currently playing havoc with XTERRA Route signage in Grabouw. Lite ROute marking to be completed after bad weather subsides. Full route athletes recommended to postpone pre-rides until thursday (route markers & Split boards being blown away)"

Eish.