Interesting......

Andymann

Who cares?

For someone who doesn't compete or get involved in who's willy is bigger, it sure seems like he has a point to prove.

You take the win this time, ok, dangle.

Did you not quite get the message yesterday ?

Why don't you read the context of my original post and see where it all went wrong instead of picking on one individual all the time because you don't enjoy what they have to say . If it's not in this thread you try and do it in some other thread where I haven't even posted in, so do me a favor (insert text here : )

Swissvan it's round number 5.

Why do we see more 29'ers in this country ?

Because the want to get faster racer boys have helped stimulate the sales, times are as tough here as they are in Europe Swiss, so I don't think the economy has anything to do with the low number of 29'ers in Europe.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I care, really... i think its the swiss in me, need to know which round we at cause at halftime we go for some curried bratwurst and popcorn.

Must be halftime now, cause I'm off for nachos and beer.

Kinda like the internet warrior on his soap box who loves to tell us how he loves to compete.

Compete, don't compete, I will take the latter thank you and I will do it all on my cheap 29'er hard tail thank you very much.

I bet you my 29er was cheaper than yours....ok was before I did some upgrades. :D

But the topic(off topic - topic) is still very interesting to me. I have always been drawn to the racing aspect of cycling.

Especially the road side because the tactics during a race I love, that’s racing for me. When I race with the elites it is great to see the big teams take on each other and then the rest of us are just passengers but then when I race Subvets I become part of those tactics and that’s what makes it so exciting!!

I have raced with many guy's in many different teams and it is interesting to see that you get some guy's that just love to ride their bikes and then race them as well, and then some who just ride and train because they want to race.

I have a friend here in Pretoria....strong as hell but he stopped racing for a couple of years because he just got tired of it. He still does 150km rides every weekend and rides he's bike more than most top guys he's age. Because he just love to ride he's bike.

I bet he would also love to the Mtb scene but he is just too tall, it is impossible for him to find something that fits him… :lol: :lol:

I admire that because I am not sure I would ride and train like that once I stop racing.

Edited by nochain

Did you not quite get the message yesterday ?

Sure, sure. Can you stop kicking me now? You win already.

Kinda like the internet warrior on his soap box who loves to tell us how he loves to compete.

Compete, don't compete, I will take the latter thank you and I will do it all on my cheap 29'er hard tail thank you very much.

I am not loving telling you anything.

I never said you were a little man with a small penis or bipolar or a bully or atwit or any other personal insult other than I find your opinion to be drivel. That's my opinion. I am not trying to change your or any one else mind, that is my point. Do whatever YOU want. But you post online about how uncool others are for doing what pleases them.

You are entitled to your opinion, you deserve it, and as no one is paying me too I shall no longer discuss this with you.

Who cares?

For someone who doesn't compete or get involved in who's willy is bigger, it sure seems like he has a point to prove.

You take the win this time, ok, dangle.

I have this sinking feeling that TNT and Oomie have morphed into one *** stirring angry old man.

Why do we see more 29'ers in this country ?

Because the want to get faster racer boys have helped stimulate the sales, times are as tough here as they are in Europe Swiss, so I don't think the economy has anything to do with the low number of 29'ers in Europe.

Yeah agree with the get faster theory, BUT and I add it might not be gospel.... but I think the EUropean countries like Portugal (OP mentioned country) are suffering more than SA. In general I find that the average middle class European lives more frugally than the average middle class Saffa.

Yeah agree with the get faster theory, BUT and I add it might not be gospel.... but I think the EUropean countries like Portugal (OP mentioned country) are suffering more than SA. In general I find that the average middle class European lives more frugally than the average middle class Saffa.

+ 1. We live like kings compared to Greece, since forever, Italy , Spain, ...most of Europe. The only economies worth something are France, Germany and Switzerland. As for the rest...

Now my chance to stur.......

TZMtb sounds like a guy from Joburg. I think he should change his name to TZRoadie rather.

Sorry to say cycling is a "rich boys club" already. When people point out that it is elitist and inaccessible to middle to lower income groups, then TZRoadie and his friends will deny it. Face facts entry fees are already impossibly expensive. Every week there is a new "invention" that reduces rider input, such as carbon frames, dual suspension, 29er wheels ext ext, all more expensive than the next. How anyone can keep up is beyond comprehension.

Next point is a comment made by a runner (Jef Galloway I think) who stated that people start running for fitness, then recreation and after a while they race. Finaly running defines them rather than being just an activity.

This mental/spiritual development however seems to be lacking in many South Africans. They somehow get caught on the racing stage, which is sad because when they cannot race anymore, often they quit the sport, giving nothing back to future generations. (Simple selfish self love).

Lastly, chess is probably the purist form of competition (except for warfare). Anyone how disagrees probably does not know any chess players. Andrew Maclean, who cannot even more the pieces even has said that "cycling is like high speed chess", which is a lie because high speed chess requires more effort (mental) than cycling............

Witkop, please tell me what "ext" stands for... Every time I read something of yours I carry on thinking of extensions to my house, extension cords, dodgy adverts regarding male genitalia, deadline extensions, exits, newspaper salesmen (extra extra! Read all about it!) and so on.

Might it be a new way of abbreviating the word "Etcetera"? If so, I might point out that the correct abbreviation for "Etcetera" is in fact "etc.", and not "ect." or "ete." or "ext.".

Please do not forget the full stop (period) after the abbreviation. And please, please, use the correct abbreviation... It's causing havoc with my pedanticism.

Edited by cptmayhem

which is a lie because high speed chess requires more effort (mental) than cycling............

you've clearly never raced or followed a multi stage race....

Definitely the case on mud island.

Anyone who says that times are tough in SA have no idea.

There are fewer 29ers in the UK, because poms who get into cycling buy roadbikes (Cervelo, Specialized and Dogmas) The few MTBers you get ride AM bikes with flat pedals. They also wear hoodies and baggys. On the continent I guess MTBing is a bit smaller than road cycling, hence fewer 29ers.

Oh Oh round numberrrr sixxxx

Witkop getting mobbed by the Kaapenaars

:P

They all from Camp's Bay and not one of them a gorgeous teenager. :( Maybe they are roadies on transitional bikes? ;)

@fad I have both cycled races (stage races included) and and played chess tournaments. Chess is mentally more challenging because it includes instinct, preparation, memorization and long term abstract thinking. But then some cyclists may dispute this. :blush:

you've clearly never raced or followed a multi stage race....

Agree.

Sitting on someone's wheels at high speed in a group waiting for some movement for the coming hill is a totally brainless exercise...

Hell, I'm usually thinking of how much milk I'm gonna put in my coffee on Monday morning during those situations....

Whatever..... Go play some chess