Interesting......

Andymann

Guest Omega Man

Never called them chavs at all, The MTB crowd over here are far more relaxed than the crowd over in SA and that is my point. They ride AM bikes and don't "race" marathons and XC stuff, like in SA. I think 29ers are aimed at XC and marathon riders, but I may be wrong.

Sorry if I upset you, but in the regular crowd I mix with , they frown on clipless pedals and lycra...they don't ride 29ers. The question was how few 29ers are sold in Europe, and I stand by what I said (which is very similar to what you said) . I never called anyone a chav, I think you were being a tad sensitive here.

No No. No sensitivity. I guess we were trying to say more or less the same thing but using different words. I too frown on lycra and clipless pedals. But careful with that. Someone is gonna go off about pedaling efficiency now. hehe.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you are as free with your opinion here as in giving advice as to what bike to purchase. And just as misinformed.

I am Ray from Tzaneen and I am a farmer mr. Holmes. I ride both MTB and road and don't define myself by what bike I am on, I am a cyclist and you should probably change your name to stabinthedarkmaterialsexpertidiot.

I ride a carbon Raleigh which I enjoy and an alu GT HT.

What I would like to do though is play a game of chess with you. Unless you play like you reason which would then be a waste of time.

My apologies Mr Holmes. Your statements sounded very "roadie" and were almost verbatum to statements made by a number of "hard core" Johannesburgers. Especially the one about "worked hard for the equipment........" and about those about racing. However, I suppose equipment does not define you at all. But seriously before you condemn my comments, think about what I have said, behind the banter there is some truth. You are welcome to play chess with me any time. PM me and we can set a few games up. As you have insulted my reasoning maybe you chess is better than mine, what is your national rating btw?

Actually you people are all wrong. I am right.

Round wheels are so pre-cambian. Square wheels are really where the future of mountain biking is heading.

Did you get to this video after watching the link I've posted? +1 if you have :thumbup:

My apologies Mr Holmes. Your statements sounded very "roadie" and were almost verbatum to statements made by a number of "hard core" Johannesburgers. Especially the one about "worked hard for the equipment........" and about those about racing. However, I suppose equipment does not define you at all. But seriously before you condemn my comments, think about what I have said, behind the banter there is some truth. You are welcome to play chess with me any time. PM me and we can set a few games up. As you have insulted my reasoning maybe you chess is better than mine, what is your national rating btw?

I am not rated nationally at all but if you truly are as good as you think you are than it will be a pleasure to learn from you.

It would also be a pity for you to not apply that genius to life, cycling and forum posting.

My statement about working hard holds true. They must be doing something right, those fools with their 100k bikes or they would not be able to afford them. You wouldn't say no to the bike or the money.

Not all roadies are gay.

Not all dualie 29er riders are gay.

Not everyone minds being called gay or a racer, these terms are not a derogatory as you seem to think.

You don't need a steel ss to be cool(ok maybe you do).

You come up to Tzaneen in May to ride our local event, the Magoebaskloof challenge, it is a road and mtb event so bring both, and afterwards I will bring my chess board. I quit competing after playing at university level so I am in for a beating as I have pointed out, I like competing.

You come up to Tzaneen in May to ride our local event, the Magoebaskloof challenge,

Say Hi and good day to Clive for me.

Hi guys - I've just opened this thread on the last page so haven't really read anything.

I was just wondering, what were your guys' Argus times? Sorry about the hijack...

Hi guys - I've just opened this thread on the last page so haven't really read anything.

I was just wondering, what were your guys' Argus times? Sorry about the hijack...

Ok ok I'm not waiting and getting flamed before saying that I was sarcatic! :P

I like to race on my bicycle. My couch deserves my non-competitive side. And I do love racing. And I also love training, whether it be coffee rides, harder, or just cruising around.

As you can see by me using "I" a lot - that is my opinion. And whatever you do is also cool. Don't judge. Love :thumbup:

Dunno much about the sales trends in the Eurozone or in SA...

My best times in cycling is the 'group ride' through the stunning scenery here in the Cape.

Then the tastiest early morning coffee, random chats and the odd brekkie with fellow riders.

Racing is cool too.

Me vs me - testing my limitations. Yeah

Now my chance to stur.......

TZMtb sounds like a guy from Joburg. I think he should change his name to TZRoadie rather.

Awesome. So by inference, guys from JHB cannot be mtber's? Please tell dangle.

Dialed in on page TEN here.

What's the argument about? It can't be 29'ers, as The Explosive One would be arguing elsewhere!

Chess? or what?

What's the argument about? It can't be 29'ers, as The Explosive One would be arguing elsewhere!

Chess? or what?

Dangle's arguing about how un-competitive he is, and will win the argument at all costs. I keep telling him that I'll sit up and let him take the win, but he keeps on attacking. http://forum.thinkbike.co.za/images/smilies/dontknow.gif

Oh, wait, and the argument started cause Dangle said people can only enjoy riding (he might have meant mtbing only, not sure) if they stop being competitive, and that the race organisers should stop calling the things races, that way people would enjoy it more. (To his credit, he asked me today if I didn't get the message, and clearly I don't - I are a slow learner)

I, and several others, said bollocks, we can get enjoyment out of several kinds of riding, both racing and not.

Then came the bi-polar and what not :unsure:

(oh, and in between, he told me I have bi-polar, and accused me and others of having small willies, and being bullies. That seemed to piss some of the other guys off a bit.)

Edited by TNT1

Dangle's arguing about how un-competitive he is, and will win the argument at all costs. I keep telling him that I'll sit up and let him take the win, but he keeps on attacking. http://forum.thinkbike.co.za/images/smilies/dontknow.gif

(oh, and in between, he told me I have bi-polar, and accused me and others of having small willies, and being bullies. That seemed to piss some of the other guys off a bit.)

Well there is your problem exakkery. You have to lie down to let him take the win!

You are a bit of a bully, but it's really below the belt to pick on Hubbers willies. Unless they are for Somerset West!

"un-competitive" - my bad, for a moment there I read that as un-cooperative. :D

And what's a Bi-polar? A polar bear that swings both ways?

Must be global warming!

Speaking of which, she finally picked me :clap:

Haha! Smooth.

Off to have a Windhoek, will have one on you. :thumbup:

**Them damn castle ads are making me want to puke.

You are a bit of a bully,

Not so. I only voiced an opinion in the same forceful way that Dangle voiced his.