Caltrigger

40 members have voted

1. 1. What makes a great LBS?

• Stock Holding
    • Service (shop front)
    • Service (wokshop)
    • Prices
    • Product Knowledge
    • Comunity Support (ie: event presents etc)
    • All of the Above

Good day,

I am based in East London and have a few friends in the Bike Business. It has always been a hot topic in our small town as to who your LBS is and what they do and don't do when it comes to supporting them. I was wondering what the national guys think is the most important factor regarding LBS and what makes one better than the other?

I added a poll, hope it works, mainly as an idicator as to what rates as more important....maybe you have other aspects to add so please do so if you wish...

This is not for anyone to be singled out but rather to better the service we recieve and in so doing improve and grow the sport of MTB/Road Cycling in the area... SO PLEASE CAN EVERYONE COMMENT!!

Thanks!

Edited by Caltrigger

1. It's great if they can speak English.

2. Carry lots of stock especially of stuff that they claim to be agents for.

Concept Cyclery, great servies awesome bunch of guys. Check it out if you in the Durban area, and the guys have built an awesome XCO track. :thumbup:

Good service in the shop front and straight forward talk no BS. Sell me something because it really works not brcause you trying to get rid of it. If I like the shops vibe towards customers I will be back.

Cyclesphere in Morningside Durban, they are No.1 in my opinion and according to the Bicycling Magazine poll.

Complete Cyclists rocks - great good technicians, beautiful bikes and happy to fix my "weekend mechanic" c*ck ups. And the best looking club kit, especially if you got the Jose Cuervo edition.

all of the above was my chcoice although community support is not an important requirement for me.

I like my LBS cos I get to sit behind the counter on Saturday morning, drink coffee and watch vids.

so you're saying it's similar to your weekday job?!

so you're saying it's similar to your weekday job?!

Similar, apart from having no DVD player at work, but I guess there's always YouToob.

Woodstock Cycleworks: lekker vibe. Lots of young guys with SSs and fixies and bike passion. Not obsessed with racing. Doing short coffee runs at 7am on Saturdays, with croissants and talking ***. Admiring the latest creation or awesome original steel bike in the window.

Dingo Cycles Potchefstroom, They don't always have what I want in stock but they are always willing to order it and I have it in a day or two. As for the service and knowledge on Products they are great, always get good advice. I only do business with them