Site Updates: New look and feel

Matt

I checked on my Galaxy Tablet this morning and I still cannot see the page numbers within a thread, only Prev and Next are visible. From my PC he newl layout is perfect but I rarely browse from it.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news on the the thread post order(last post first)? As well as the search function to be updated somehow?

Any news on the the thread post order(last post first)? As well as the search function to be updated somehow?

The post order must be the most frustrating thing here at the moment

Also waiting, at the moment you get to a page, and then got to go to a 2nd page to find the last post, instead of entering on the right page for the newest post.

G

I checked on my Galaxy Tablet this morning and I still cannot see the page numbers within a thread, only Prev and Next are visible. From my PC he newl layout is perfect but I rarely browse from it.

We have added "First" and "Last" buttons to the mobile site. These will only appear if there are more than two pages.

From the feedback we received about mobile pages it seems rare that users needed page numbers for anything other than skipping to the first or last page which these buttons address. If there is a need for skipping to specific pages we can find a way to (neatly) include page numbers.

Bike Insurance - thehubsa.co.za 20120124 103407 AM.jpg

The last post first option has been added again:

post-order.png

Are you having trouble with the search function? Please give some more details.

Hi Admin

The "quick read" hover function still seems to be missing in the forums dropdowns.

The thing where you hover your pointer over the subject line and it gives you a quick idea whether the post is worth a look or not.

Big timesaver....sad loss??

We have added "First" and "Last" buttons to the mobile site. These will only appear if there are more than two pages.

From the feedback we received about mobile pages it seems rare that users needed page numbers for anything other than skipping to the first or last page which these buttons address. If there is a need for skipping to specific pages we can find a way to (neatly) include page numbers.

post-2-0-95516300-1327394462.jpg

The last post first option has been added again:

post-2-0-30324300-1327389947.png

Are you having trouble with the search function? Please give some more details.

For example, I typed in " I have an idea for a new thread" nothing comes u., I tried searching for info last night on choices for Front Tyres and then I have to sift through to 30 pages of irrelavent info when all I wanna know about is suggestions for front tyres.

It just seems you have to go through so much stuff when trying to find specific info, not sure howit can be made better.

Thanks for the thread post order :thumbup:

Can someone please explain how to use the Link function, it changed recently and I'm not able to post links as before, as there are features there I don't have a clue what to do with.

With the old "Link" buttton, you could change the name of the link to what you wanted, not sure how to do that any more, without having the whole link on the page.

Secondly how do I now upload a You Tube video that I have downloaded, tried doing it via the attachments link, but the file is way to big, do I need to zip it?

I have tried looking through the help menu, but does not explain it to well, unless I've missed something.

Many Thanks

Hi Caerus,

To insert a link with a specific name / text type type the text out first, highlight it with the mouse and then click the link button.

e.g. I typed: This is my really long link title, selected it, pressed the link button and pasted in my link.

For Youtube videos we don't allow uploading of a video. The filesizes and burden on our servers streaming video would just be too much, and a bit silly when we have great dedicated services like Youtube and Vimeo freely available.

You can embed a youtube video in a post. Just paste the youtube link and it'll automalically show it as an embedded video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tSEdpTBOVo

Hope that helps.

Ps. The standard "help" section on the site is admittedly quite unhelpful, it's due for an overhaul.

Hi Caerus,

To insert a link with a specific name / text type type the text out first, highlight it with the mouse and then click the link button.

e.g. I typed: This is my really long link title, selected it, pressed the link button and pasted in my link.

For Youtube videos we don't allow uploading of a video. The filesizes and burden on our servers streaming video would just be too much, and a bit silly when we have great dedicated services like Youtube and Vimeo freely available.

You can embed a youtube video in a post. Just paste the youtube link and it'll automalically show it as an embedded video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tSEdpTBOVo

Hope that helps.

Ps. The standard "help" section on the site is admittedly quite unhelpful, it's due for an overhaul.

My Link Thanks for that, sorted out.

With regard to a You tube Clip or another clip I wanna upload straight from my PC, how do you go about uploading a file that is too large?

Edited by Caerus

With regard to a You tube Clip or another clip I wanna upload straight from my PC, how do you go about uploading a file that is too large?

It's easier to post it on youtube, and post the link here. If some other kind of file, use a free file hosting service, and post the link here.

Edited by TNT1

It's easier to post it on youtube, and post the link here. If some other kind of file, use a free file hosting service, and post the link here.

Fair Enough, thanks for the reply. Any recommendations on the free file hosting service?