Jonkershoek - maintenance issues!

flashcannon

Yes you will!

1. I would like to see that club! Look at TBMC! What an absolute mess! They never work on the trails there. The trails on the private land is being worked on by people that ride DH who started trail building companies!

2. They are on their bikes yet they don't know how to ride a berm or a jump coz they never built one!

3. Show me private owned MOUNTAINS!!!! We like to ride mountains buddy! not jeep tracks on the flat and call it MTB!

4. Then if they are so intelligent to move off government land to private land.....why are we having this discussion?? shouldn't they be on private land then "riding" their bikes?

5. If we had half the amount of riders the XC riders have then hell you are in for a nasty surprise! Look at what a hand full of DH riders can do vs the hundreds of XC riders doing JACK!

See he makes a blanket statement, and then gets all upset, someone pass him a tissue please.

Seems like we touched a nerve, shamepies man, eks jammer hoor.

why are we having the discussion, hell your having the discussion.

I simply made a point here and you walked into it hook line and sinker, you make a *** blanket statement, and then get offended when someone else makes a *** blanket statement.

And BTW within my recent facinity i have 100km of well looked after XC course that takes a little bit more maintenance than your 5km of dowhill track. And even with all the club politics they seem to be a hell of a lot more cohesive than you bunch, and they seem to have achieved a hell of a lot more than what you hold so near and dear.

Once again Im all for people developing and building trails, but seriously you guys have to stop bitching about it and educate the newbies that dont know better rather than bitch and complain about not getting help or people destroying the trails. This kind of attitude will never ever get you anywhere mate.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You keep on talking but make no sense!

Clearly one can see you have never worked on a trail ever in your life!

See he makes a blanket statement, and then gets all upset, someone pass him a tissue please.

I simply made a point here and you walked into it hook line and sinker, you make a *** blanket statement, and then get offended when someone else makes a *** blanket statement.

And BTW within my recent facinity i have 100km of well looked after XC course that takes a little bit more maintenance than your 5km of dowhill track. And even with all the club politics they seem to be a hell of a lot more cohesive than you bunch, and they seem to have achieved a hell of a lot more than what you hold so near and dear.

Once again Im all for people developing and building trails, but seriously you guys have to stop bitching about it and educate the newbies that dont know better rather than bitch and complain about not getting help or people destroying the trails. This kind of attitude will never ever get you anywhere mate.

What do you do for a living Cap? Teach primary school?

damn, sharp! how did u guess? what gave it away?

ooh, is that a spot of crossed wires? Seeing a lot of that on the thread. I was also lumped into the thought that I made comments when I did not.

Covie, it was Omega making blanket statements.. but he did apologize in advance.

Edited by Pain or Shine

must have been the salary you earn to afford your bikes?

errm, i dont ride fancy bikes. in fact, i'll bet my bikes together cost less than XC bikes. Humble moolah, humble means. :blush:

Im just showing what a blanket statement can do, And our friend Mr Karate needs to learn how to build a community rather than to try and cause a divide if there is any type of support to be raised for volunteers on the DH and XC trails.

To be dead honest any aspiration i would have had to come help build trails is out the window thanks to the attitudes being slung around this thread, hell ill just give Tokai a skip totatlly for that matter.

This does not bode well for the image of the sport accross disciplines.

True hey!

errm, i dont ride fancy bikes. in fact, i'll bet my bikes together cost less than XC bikes. Humble moolah, humble means. :blush:

Yeah there is a difference between well looked after jeep track and well looked after single track!

Bring your bike ill take you on a tour of the so called "jeep track"

Covie, I reckon you are talking about Tygerberg MTB club? They did pretty good things in the Durbanville hills.

I've been following this with interest. Lots of handbags being swung around here.

My suggestion, forgive me if it is in the pipeline:

Form a Tokai MTB club. At first, make it an informal club with little or no entry fees. Give your email or cell number or something and be part of the club.

Keep admin to a minimum, and just use the club as a platform to bring the MTB community together. Use the website as a way to call group rides (nb: ladies rides) and build days.

None of this advertising on thehub and a closed off FB page only.

As the club grows you can formalise it and use it to raise funds for maintenance. Also use it to spread awareness that the gate fee is for access, and that trail maintenance funds need to be arranged. People who are not in the know reckon trail fee should cover maintenance.

PorS, you and your crew work hard and it is an ungrateful job. Good luck.

One day when my calender allows it I will join a build day, I would really like to meet all of you and help out. Wether it be on XC or on DH trails. As I ride almost all of it. Not often, but that is my own fault. But I can sewing a spade, and I can bring a corsa bakkie to drive material/tools up the road.

Lastly, I don't think it is a case of the xc guys being ex roadies. I think it is more a consumerist culture that we live in. "I pay, so someone else builds." Unawareness of the underlying negotiations further entrenches this idea.

This is where Tygerberg was able to make a difference, the members understood the issues, and all chipped in (albeit by membership fees.)

Guest Omega Man

To be dead honest any aspiration i would have had to come help build trails is out the window thanks to the attitudes being slung around this thread

Gap neatly taken there.

Hey, do you know we have access to Rotary mountain in Glen Cairn. 99 year lease for a buck a year and we have Karate Blanche! This is not a joke!

Edit: Hijack off yet? Waiting for an eviction order..

Hey I remember something about this. I actually attended a meeting at the bike shop there where plans were discussed to lease the land and develop some trails. Put my name and email down on a list that was circulated and then didnt hear anything about it again. So would be great if these plans are still in the pipeline.

Im just showing what a blanket statement can do, And our friend Mr Karate needs to learn how to build a community rather than to try and cause a divide if there is any type of support to be raised for volunteers on the DH and XC trails.

To be dead honest any aspiration i would have had to come help build trails is out the window thanks to the attitudes being slung around this thread, hell ill just give Tokai a skip totatlly for that matter.

This does not bode well for the image of the sport accross disciplines.

FFS, when will this stop??

There was one chap who made the accusations.. go back and look. It goes like this. Someone got their knickers in a twist becuse all the reapirs for the last 6 monthd have taken place on the DH. YOU have read all the crap on this thread and have walked hook, line and sinker into the bull being spun over nothing.

Page 2.. I said the next job is on the XC track but that was still not enough for some, they had to continue slating DH based on the amount of work. Same page, I posted a pic and explained WHY the DH got the nod for first repair.

NOW THIS?

Gap neatly taken there.

No Gap dude seriously i surround myself with positve poeple with the right mindset and outlook on life people who share my passion, not people who think the size of their fork is directly relational to the size of their c**s.

Its about having fun and doing something that you love with poeple you want to associate with.