How fast can i go over a speed bump.

MTBer wannabee

Remember, the cleats make you and the bike one unit, so bunny hoping is as easy as jumping - just keep your front wheel straight....... I learnt that one when I was a laaitie :whistling:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most guys I have seen vertical hop at speed, the bunny hop takes a bit of BMX'ing skills.

But alas, how fast can you go ?

At neck break speed.

also, there are different profiles for different road conditions so you'll need to adjust your "hop" angle and height accordingly - i.e. short ones you may be able to clear completely, long ones you may simply need to land on the top and roll down the other side.

whatever you do, keep out the saddle and your weight back/over the bb, don't want to catch a "weighted" front wheel on a nasty shaped one.

maybe I will give it a few months, these little skinny tyres scare me. :blush:

You really should put a tad more pressure in your tyres if you're gonna be hopping bunnies. 7bar will see a bunny hopping noob receive many pinch flats.

You really should put a tad more pressure in your tyres if you're gonna be hopping bunnies. 7bar will see a bunny hopping noob receive many pinch flats.

:thumbup: 7 bar + cats eye = pinch flat

okay, i'm listening. How many bar should it be. Dont leave me hanging. :whistling:

okay, i'm listening. How many bar should it be. Dont leave me hanging. :whistling:

whatever it says on the side of the tyre

Hang on a minute.... you can bunny hop a road bike? :blink:

burry stander demonstrated at the amashova a few years back when the timing mats folded over

Anything over 8 bar, will normally survive a hiccup over a cats eye. I run Continental GP4000's at 9 bar, but then I weigh 94kg :wacko:

Ride can get a bit hard (feel every bump) and may even have more rolling resistance on the rougher roads, but I think you puncture less, so the tradeoff may be worth it.

I grew up on a bike so its second nature.

Particularly useful for railway crossings like on Ride4Sight.

In fact even in my truck if I go over a pothole I involuntarily pull up on the wheel.My ex always laughed at me as being nuts but I said it helped