Your 2012 Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour start time

Heckflosse

anybody know of the charity group that is trying to set a world record for a charity event in argus please???

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i got a LL and my son a YY we did 2011 Argus and Burger together. i just have a 2010 argus that he dont have.

But others that i know did not do any seeding rides and got a XX start and someone that did only Burger ( 25 min faster than us) got AA ..... something definatly wrong with the seeding

Bur like you say .......some of us ride for fun :) ........ and the enjoyment ........... :thumbup:

Yeah - my Burger was 3:48, figured that should get me around GG or maybe a bit earlier. Oh well, will still enjoy the ride anyhow, I'll just have to go faster to finish at the same time I would have done in an earlier start group ;)

Thats the point - why the smoke and mirrors. How hard would it be to add their calcs to the bottom of your email... would save them a hell of a lot of time in dealing with queries....

eg add a table like this

Seeding events // Index // Factor // Adjusted Index

Argus 2010 // 15 // -1.5 // 10

Argus 2011 // 10 // 1.1 // 11

94.7 // 13 // 1.0 // 13

die Burger // 12 // -1.1 // 10.9

Qualifying adjusted seeding index used is therefore Argus 2010 = 10.0

overall plus or minus factor for no. of seeding events done bla bla bla = -1.1

Adjusted seeding index = 9.09 = Group ZZZZZ starting time 12.34

Edit - table not looking so good....

I feel like I'm back in the Matrix.

Neo?

VA WILL be fast! I know a few riders in that bunch. They ride for teams in the PPA league.

BUT, that being said, they ride for position whilst the A bunch will be for time.

Tough choice :whistling:

Apparently VA ia starting with Elites $ and U23's so it will be faster.

A Group race only for time but the snakes in the racing bunches will be faster overall even after some tactics hold us up.

Apparently VA ia starting with Elites $ and U23's so it will be faster.

A Group race only for time but the snakes in the racing bunches will be faster overall even after some tactics hold us up.

True, but I can still be hopeful. it just means that the guy's who can't handle sitting at 35Km/h up suikerbossie will still have a group to ride with once they crest the top :thumbup:

You are a machine any way - Killarney position gives it away :ph34r:

So this is how I pay for only doing MTB races - 09:28am!! I will be celebrating my 1year on a bicycle with my 1st Argus :D

haha my second one start 09:16

Ja I get that and if thats the criteria then fair enoiugh - but seems to me they are making it VERY complicated for themselves if they are really adjusting index's race by race. My thing is, if they are then why not disclose exactly how you've applied these criteria... Did drop them an email last night so will see what they (hopefully) come back with....

Have a look at the ppa website they give a complet explanation how they calculate your seeding

True, but I can still be hopeful. it just means that the guy's who can't handle sitting at 35Km/h up suikerbossie will still have a group to ride with once they crest the top :thumbup:

You are a machine any way - Killarney position gives it away :ph34r:

Tiny K - What do you A group guys do up Chappies/Suikerbossie?

Tiny K - What do you A group guys do up Chappies/Suikerbossie?

Sub 5 minutes, 23km/h average more or less. The front of $ goes up a bit faster than that.