Heckflosse

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the wedding, man.

B starts prob 6h30

Thanks man. I'll try not oversleep again, Although It might not be a bad Idea.. :whistling:

from 2010 thread on the hub...

So Im at this Wedding last night, lekker man, good mate of mine, wine's fine, some bubbly and Brusky with lekke chow my bra and the bokkies are looking Toit at that! Go you Dancer! Im a solid cyclist I can handle a couple beers before a race, I meen camaan Its Bretts wedding!!aaah!!! Im seaded in C for the argus (6:38) so Im looking forward to a lekke ride, wheelsucking, and killing it on the climbs.

Zzzzzzz....

I wake up from the ding dong of a SMS... my phone somewere underneth me, got it.. It reads as follows:

TEXT MESSAGE/ HERMAN /6:37/ Hey bra sterkte met you race!

Im like, OH MY...F** F** F** F********K!!!

Jump out of bed, Into cycle trunks,circle my bed skip the important before ride bog- Hand full of saddle cream- on the arse- Bananna- 2 gels- shades- start card- and Im off..still shouting Idiot at myself whilst running down the coridor whiping sleep from my eyes..almost Donnered down the stairs onto the bike...

I bomb down to start, really politely asking a marshal where the fastest way to the front is, then ditching her for my way which was eventually pushing through the crowd and right into the front of the start group and 5 seconds later bang!! where off...thinking to myself ”Where am I””??.. oh.. its K... what the hell do now??... I got a Poo!! all I knew was these okes were going waaay slow so I was straight off to the front and spotted a guy in pink and another oke with a pair of huge legs and a faded assos short and thought those okes looks like they want to go faast. And thats when the pain began... skipping groups, getting caught by a bash of Southeaster halfway between two bunches, shouting, Laughing- farting and a whole double portion of PAIN!

By the top of Chappies I was mince from pacing gapping and riding in small little bunches before skipping to another. I was seeing E's and F”s K''s were long gone. Somehow from there I could not find any fast guys to work with and up the war torn suikerbos felt like my legs were getting shot at by shotgun...

Down the other side with 3 okes and a staunch chick.. getting blown around like rag dolls (even the BIG oke) Sweating blood passed 12 apostles which as you know was headwind.. and finally to the finish.. Oh Thank GOD for the finish.. 3:27 one minute longer than last year, which was from E.

I got off my bike with my coke in my one hand and I was in PAIN!! definitely one of the top 5 hardest rides( self inflicted of course)

Respect to You backbunches and unseaded riders, that was hell!

I went for a surf at Glenbeach after that and watched the guys go through campsbay and up the hill behind me while getting stoked in the heaving waves and cramping every 5 minutes. Cape Town you Beauty...

My first Argus (and hopefully my last one on a mtb), cannot wait!

Will be starting in R, 7:09

Just a question, a friend of a friend is riding her first Argus( and first road race) and is starting in group L with her husband (who has done the Argus a few times), I assume they are riding tandem or is there a way she could have "gypped" the system to start with her husband?

will see you in r

Thanks man. I'll try not oversleep again, Although It might not be a bad Idea.. :whistling:

from 2010 thread on the hub...

So Im at this Wedding last night, lekker man, good mate of mine, wine's fine, some bubbly and Brusky with lekke chow my bra and the bokkies are looking Toit at that! Go you Dancer! Im a solid cyclist I can handle a couple beers before a race, I meen camaan Its Bretts wedding!!aaah!!! Im seaded in C for the argus (6:38) so Im looking forward to a lekke ride, wheelsucking, and killing it on the climbs.

Zzzzzzz....

I wake up from the ding dong of a SMS... my phone somewere underneth me, got it.. It reads as follows:

TEXT MESSAGE/ HERMAN /6:37/ Hey bra sterkte met you race!

Im like, OH MY...F** F** F** F********K!!!

Jump out of bed, Into cycle trunks,circle my bed skip the important before ride bog- Hand full of saddle cream- on the arse- Bananna- 2 gels- shades- start card- and Im off..still shouting Idiot at myself whilst running down the coridor whiping sleep from my eyes..almost Donnered down the stairs onto the bike...

I bomb down to start, really politely asking a marshal where the fastest way to the front is, then ditching her for my way which was eventually pushing through the crowd and right into the front of the start group and 5 seconds later bang!! where off...thinking to myself ”Where am I””??.. oh.. its K... what the hell do now??... I got a Poo!! all I knew was these okes were going waaay slow so I was straight off to the front and spotted a guy in pink and another oke with a pair of huge legs and a faded assos short and thought those okes looks like they want to go faast. And thats when the pain began... skipping groups, getting caught by a bash of Southeaster halfway between two bunches, shouting, Laughing- farting and a whole double portion of PAIN!

By the top of Chappies I was mince from pacing gapping and riding in small little bunches before skipping to another. I was seeing E's and F”s K''s were long gone. Somehow from there I could not find any fast guys to work with and up the war torn suikerbos felt like my legs were getting shot at by shotgun...

Down the other side with 3 okes and a staunch chick.. getting blown around like rag dolls (even the BIG oke) Sweating blood passed 12 apostles which as you know was headwind.. and finally to the finish.. Oh Thank GOD for the finish.. 3:27 one minute longer than last year, which was from E.

I got off my bike with my coke in my one hand and I was in PAIN!! definitely one of the top 5 hardest rides( self inflicted of course)

Respect to You backbunches and unseaded riders, that was hell!

I went for a surf at Glenbeach after that and watched the guys go through campsbay and up the hill behind me while getting stoked in the heaving waves and cramping every 5 minutes. Cape Town you Beauty...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Awesome story! :thumbup:

No email yet but see on racetec that my start time has been changed there to 7:18

That means you have been seeded in U group. See you there

All you guys requesting and getting a better seeding better stick with your new bunches, otherwise there's a caning for all of you :P

All you guys requesting and getting a better seeding better stick with your new bunches, otherwise there's a caning for all of you :P

Yeah, I think I'll stay in A after Saturday's dismal effort. If I had been able to finish with your bunch (doing as awesome as you did), I would have motivated a possible Elite start....... Will be happy to start in A I guess.

I did my seeding enquiry 12 days ago. I just spoke to the race office and they said, my enquiry was on the next page of names they are working through. So I should have an answer in a day or two

Yeah, I think I'll stay in A after Saturday's dismal effort. If I had been able to finish with your bunch (doing as awesome as you did), I would have motivated a possible Elite start....... Will be happy to start in A I guess.

A is pretty frikkin tough. Most of the guys who ride league elite will be in A...