99er entry fee R280

fandacious

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed that yesterday, but that is because you want to enter it "late" R90 more than what you would have paid by entering before cutoff....

It does not cost them anything more if you enter now or 10 days ago....I think it is stupid that have these late entry prices.....

Noticed that yesterday, but that is because you want to enter it "late" R90 more than what you would have paid by entering before cutoff....

It does not cost them anything more if you enter now or 10 days ago....I think it is stupid that have these late entry prices.....

even so R190 for a ride through the most boring roads in the western cape? no thanks

thats crazy, did they push up the price because its a Seeding race for the Argus?

No, it has always been a seeding race....but R90 more for late entries......

(Hijack on) I'm trying to sell my entry.... R190.00.... Have a sore knee, so don't think I'll be able to ride, PM me if interested..... (Hijack Off)

I am doing the race - if you find the entry fee ridiculous, don't enter Freedom of choice.

What was Die Burger's entry fee? It was quite high as far as I can remember - and you only got 92Km's to ride. Now you get 123Km's to ride.

The numbers would have already been printed so the late entry fee is to cover the expense of arranging extra emergency staff (as it is calculated per capita cyclists), more drinks, extra numbers that is not part of the bulk order, etc.

This also encourages people to do the early entry - if you were asleep, shame on you for not entering already.

I am doing the race - if you find the entry fee ridiculous, don't enter Freedom of choice.

What was Die Burger's entry fee? It was quite high as far as I can remember - and you only got 92Km's to ride. Now you get 123Km's to ride.

The numbers would have already been printed so the late entry fee is to cover the expense of arranging extra emergency staff (as it is calculated per capita cyclists), more drinks, extra numbers that is not part of the bulk order, etc.

This also encourages people to do the early entry - if you were asleep, shame on you for not entering already.

:thumbup:

I wonder how many entrants there are this year... I would hazard a guess this ride goes the same route @ die wingerd breakfast ride. It will dissappear in a few years time.

its not a league race, there is no big prizy lucky draw, its a boring route. Why would you pay R190 to ride this (R280 late)

(Hijack on) I'm trying to sell my entry.... R190.00.... Have a sore knee, so don't think I'll be able to ride, PM me if interested..... (Hijack Off)

Ill take it Buzzman

I thought that is what I said in my post....I am not entering! Anyway good luck with this boring race.

Comparative entry fee to the Burger - the other seeding race in the Western Cape?

I remember 170 moola?

Comparative entry fee to the Burger - the other seeding race in the Western Cape?

I remember 170 moola?

Hey Geno, that is a R20 saving if you have'nt overslept, and the added bonus is that Hellshoogte is not close the ascent of Vissershok. I remember a pic of you here on the Hub going uphill last year, looking very strong. Go Geno, go! :thumbup:

Edited by andrè traut

I wonder how many entrants there are this year... I would hazard a guess this ride goes the same route @ die wingerd breakfast ride. It will dissappear in a few years time.

its not a league race, there is no big prizy lucky draw, its a boring route. Why would you pay R190 to ride this (R280 late)

It's an Argus qualifier.

It's a good test of endurance and legs

It still has some lucky draw prizes - just not a car. (btw I don't ride to win a car - it's just a bonus)