99er Start Time / Seeing

Denny Menchov

Depends what photo software you have on your pc? Most will have one of these two options - both work equally well:

1. Find the option similar to 'Save for Web'
  2. or find the option to resize and just drop the DPI (or resolution) to 72kb

G

Tx, will give it a go.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in A and the group did not want to get going - it was like they were riding for positions from the 1st km! I took a few pulls in front and then decided f... this as there were about 60 sitting behind just sucking

Edited by dommisse

My dad rode in B and they caught A on 20km, apparently A just started slowly...

The whole of B caught A by the way, not just some front guys.

Ok cool, no wonder the group was so big, too big actually for those narrow roads.

I was in C an it appeared to be a decent bunch. A few Stars in training riders weaving around erratically but no more so than usual... I managed to stay in the top 10/15 riders for 110kms and then got swallowed by the climbers over Vissershoek for the last couple of km's, albeit in a decent time. Rain was hectic at times but not too much carnage in a generally well organised bunch. Think Bike Marshall did an awesome job patrolling the white line and getting passing traffic to slow up.

My dad rode in B and they caught A on 20km, apparently A just started slowly...

The whole of B caught A by the way, not just some front guys.

Ja, maar net paar van ons het gewerk om daar te kom. B was maar net so vol lui d@ners

I was in C an it appeared to be a decent bunch. A few Stars in training riders weaving around erratically but no more so than usual... I managed to stay in the top 10/15 riders for 110kms and then got swallowed by the climbers over Vissershoek for the last couple of km's, albeit in a decent time. Rain was hectic at times but not too much carnage in a generally well organised bunch. Think Bike Marshall did an awesome job patrolling the white line and getting passing traffic to slow up.

what was your time? i stayed with front of A till vissershok - same as you - about 15 broke away - i got a 3:34 - think B and C probably got faster times than that!!

what was your time? i stayed with front of A till vissershok - same as you - about 15 broke away - i got a 3:34 - think B and C probably got faster times than that!!

Winner of C got 3:36 and I finished with 3:38. Still managed a top 10 in the group at least.

Winner of C got 3:36 and I finished with 3:38. Still managed a top 10 in the group at least.

I got 9th in c

BigJD i was in C with you and i must say the group were very well behaved, some of the B riders that we swollowed up were even commenting on it.

I worked too hard up front on the Malmesbury road back to the silos with the result that i lost the bunch at about 105k;s :cursing:

I heard that they changed the 1min start gap to 30sec further down the seeding letters. Groups catching each other in a short sapce of time.

Your comments about the Stars in Training group and their erratic behaviour could be valid for your race on Saturday, but I am part of that group and started in B yesterday and I must admit that I am shocked at the actions of many of the fellow riders (not part of the Stars in Training Group) during the race. There were a few times that I was feeling like dishing out some “warm klappe” of my own. So, I think that the problem is a lot wider than just the Stars in Training Group. I clearly expected the skills of riders starting in A to be much better than what they are displaying. There are just riders that have no idea!!!

Edited by SandBag

I heard that they changed the 1min start gap to 30sec further down the seeding letters. Groups catching each other in a short sapce of time.

Hey Buddy! Are you ok after your realestate shopping yesterday? You came past like a jet. When we turned left at the fruitsellers i climbed out of the group. I knew then it was going to be a looong day in the saddle. Dont think i will ask for a re seeding anymore. Its clear that my current 6hrs a week is not nearly enough to ride in the A-C bunch.

On your comment: Changing the gap to 30sec is a bit dangerous. Its a huge carrot for the bunches to chase each other and you will end up with huuugggge bunches and more crashes. Did'nt this issue come up a year or 2 ago at the Durbanville race when they had those serious crashes? I would have thought they would learn from such mistakes