99er Start Time / Seeing

Denny Menchov

Hey Buddy! Are you ok after your realestate shopping yesterday? You came past like a jet. When we turned left at the fruitsellers i climbed out of the group. I knew then it was going to be a looong day in the saddle. Dont think i will ask for a re seeding anymore. Its clear that my current 6hrs a week is not nearly enough to ride in the A-C bunch.

On your comment: Changing the gap to 30sec is a bit dangerous. Its a huge carrot for the bunches to chase each other and you will end up with huuugggge bunches and more crashes. Did'nt this issue come up a year or 2 ago at the Durbanville race when they had those serious crashes? I would have thought they would learn from such mistakes

Well my father-in-law was in one of those reconstituted HUUUUUGE groups. It caused a bit of mayhem and I have chatted to a few others who left in H and they said it made it dangerous.

I came flying by trying to chase the bunch down - they were moving just too fast for me to bridge. You should have joined the group that passed you - I ended up riding with them.

Me, I am OK. Elbow lost a bit of skin, huge roastie on my hip (the size of a CD) but very little bruising. My shoulder took a big hit and is quite sore at the moment..... think I must wear body armour next time I ride a race in the rain. LOL

Edit: see my post race de-brief - https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/112898-99er-post-race-de-brief/

Edited by Tiny K

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my father-in-law was in one of those reconstituted HUUUUUGE groups. It caused a bit of mayhem and I have chatted to a few others who left in H and they said it made it dangerous.

I came flying by trying to chase the bunch down - they were moving just too fast for me to bridge. You should have joined the group that passed you - I ended up riding with them.

Me, I am OK. Elbow lost a bit of skin, huge roastie on my hip (the size of a CD) but very little bruising. My shoulder took a big hit and is quite sore at the moment..... think I must wear body armour next time I ride a race in the rain. LOL

Edit: see my post race de-brief - http://www.thehubsa....-race-de-brief/

I did join the group that caugth up with you but climbed out on that climb after you turn left at fruitsellers. Could feel in legs and on haertrate that im buggered

Glad you came out of this not badly injured. I read your race de brief. Unfortunately you have got to make peace with the fact that cycling is one of those sports where your result is not always a reflection of your true ability. As long as you have groups you will always have individuals who prefer not to do their part. This normally reflects in their day to day living as well.

Edited by Jaco-fiets

Edit: see my post race de-brief - http://www.thehubsa....-race-de-brief/

Damn man we could be looking in the mirror also got a roastie on the hip(size of a CD) bruising starting now. Leg also scratched a bit, neck muscles also sore from head hitting the ground. Thank God for helmets mine is totally smashed at the back.

Kris, Jaco... You lads need to get with the program. Sitting in a bunch until the right time of attack isn't a bad thing... How any times have you seen Cavendish do any work until the last 400 meters? It sounds like you can both ride a bit but therefore don't be so gullible...

Sorry to hear about thé crashes...

Who'd expect such rainfall in thé heart of summer?

Sounds like it was à tough oné.

super cool race. Only slept 20 minutes and hung at the back of C the race. Felt progressively better as the race went and thought the pace up the hills were very chill. Finished with 3:38 in the end after lots of praying up the last 2 hills! Awesome group, not one crash. Bike marshal Dev was super.

Winner timed at 3:03, Shaun Ward.

Tight finish at thé top of Odendaals.

Must havé béen lactic acid seeping through thé eyeballs!

Faniefiets, what kit were you riding in?

white boshoff visser top, black first ascent bib,blue and blacl marcello. I had verbal diarrhea the whole race. What were you wearing?

Edited by FanieFiets

Kris, Jaco... You lads need to get with the program. Sitting in a bunch until the right time of attack isn't a bad thing... How any times have you seen Cavendish do any work until the last 400 meters? It sounds like you can both ride a bit but therefore don't be so gullible...

You may be right for the front guys but this is a seeding race its all about getting the best time not about winning your group. It proved it on the weekend A group didnt work together B caught them now most riders in B have better seeding times for the Argus now please explain to me how that helps the wheel suckers.

• 2 weeks later...

I was standing on Vissershok when the leaders came by, and I did not see a media vehicle / motorcycle with them. Wondered about it.