Ride for Sight

TNT1

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.

Definitely less accidents than previous years.

Were there more accidents in previous years compared to today's race?

Very well organized race. The marshal/policeman looking after VB did an outstanding job :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup:

My only criticism is the final left bend going into the sprint finish wasn't swept and we had a guy crash heavily there... he skidded badly and smashed into the pavement which disrupted the last 500m sprint.... hope he is okay because it looked really bad!!

Edited by Paulst12

A special thank you to the ER24 & EMPD marshals that looked after the %, VC & BL groups who rode as one huge bunch for a large portion of the route, taking up the whole road (VC & BL were never untangled). If it wasn't for you guys who pushed the oncoming traffic off the road it could have become quite tragic.

+1

I was in BL and that superbunch was something else. Thanks, Jasper and co. for looking after us.

Edited by speedracer

I only did the little ride, but it was my first "road race" in SA and I enjoyed it very much. (I've done the 94.7 on previous trips here but that's a different sort of ride).

Very well organised in every respect, from goody bag and number pick up, thru the race, to the medal at the end.

Cheers guys :-)

B.

Did the short ride, was very well organised and again - thanks to everyone involved, especially all the marshalls. :clap:

Who won and do you know what the time was?

I don't think anyone knows what the time was. Still no results posted! Come on Racetec! Get your act together. You messed up last week, now this week, too?

I don't think anyone knows what the time was. Still no results posted! Come on Racetec! Get your act together. You messed up last week, now this week, too?

Racedrek!

Eli

Who won and do you know what the time was?

Elite?

Arran

Nolan

Christoff

Not sure of time.

Eli

Elite?

Arran

Nolan

Christoff

Not sure of time.

Ladies:

Taylor

Olivier

De Groot

30+

Jules

40+

Van Wyk

50+

Beneke

Some one must know the men and womens winning times?

I think I head 2:35 being mentioned for the men.

BIG thanks to Dischem for an aaaaaaamazing Goodie Bag - wish all other race sponsors could give such amazing goodie bag.... makes the high entry fees sooo worth while

So what was in the goodie bag? I had a late entry and didnt get one... Sounds like I missed out!

Besides the standard set of energy sachets, vitamins and a water bottle a very nice set of Biogen Cycling gloves :clap: :clap: