Rugby...

'Dale

Yes, at least he can do what he was selected for in the first place. But man of the match performance? I don't think so. I beleive that should have gone to Adriaan Strauss.

Yeah man of the match to do the basics right and 1 kick to Bryan Habana when he scored. Different story if he actually won the game for us in the dying seconds

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

was at newlands, was super stoked to get tickets but in the end it wasn't that memorable. We actually started discussing cricket in the stands as it dragged on. Let's hope we don't need that bonus point come week 6.

Ground was busy, but not as full as the big super rugby games, tickets were R450 one off. Surprisingly there are a handfull of boxes who aren't tenanted too

The start was something a bit above super rugby, fireworks, thunderclaps, flame throwers and a zulu warrior with sparks flying out of his shield and spear. real circus stuff.

The other bizarre thing was halftime, some idols type oke(dunno who?) sang karaoke - to the Darkness. He had clearly been practising air guitar all week, but i think he was lip synching too.

was at newlands, was super stoked to get tickets but in the end it wasn't that memorable. We actually started discussing cricket in the stands as it dragged on. Let's hope we don't need that bonus point come week 6.

Ground was busy, but not as full as the big super rugby games, tickets were R450 one off. Surprisingly there are a handfull of boxes who aren't tenanted too

The start was something a bit above super rugby, fireworks, thunderclaps, flame throwers and a zulu warrior with sparks flying out of his shield and spear. real circus stuff.

The other bizarre thing was halftime, some idols type oke(dunno who?) sang karaoke - to the Darkness. He had clearly been practising air guitar all week, but i think he was lip synching too.

Also had quite a few mates who said Newlands is suddenly looking and feeling a bit dilapidated. Long queues for loo and bar, tight entry and exit, cramped leg room, etc. Boks may well rue not getting that bonus point. And I'm not convinced they've got their A-game for the away game on Saturday. Hougaard isn't doing the basics fast enough, and as a result we seem to lack penetration even after multiple phases.

SA vs Arg, Mendoza:

Ai, Heyneke...

Bokkies get out of jail with a very lucky draw.

Eish!

Shocker, hoe lank moet ons nog na Morne se useless uppies sit en kyk! Sal vir Lambie kans gee.

Stupidity is defined by making the same mistake every time and expecting a different result. If we play like that against the AB then they will beat us by more than 40 points. Seems like HM has something against Pat Lambie.

BTW, we were outplayed and did not even deserve the draw.

Edited by Moridin

"...after this abjectly disappointing performance from the Boks it is now clearly time for the scrutiny on a coach who has perhaps been given more leeway than many of his predecessors were to be intensified...." gavin Rich

The AllBlacks are going to hand our arse to us on a plate if we play like that against them. Our game plan is poor, where is Lambie, our line out sucks.

Biggest problem is their game plan imo, coach should take the most of the blame. He wants to dominate with fwds, picking the biggest guys he can get like Alberts, Spies etc. The problem is if this plan does not work against Argentina, it has even less chance of working against NZ and Aus. It is highly predictable to defend against and if the first or second phase does not break the advantage line, it becomes very stagnant and slow. His plan with the backs is to kick and chase, and it looks like players like Hougard, Steyns, JdV does not have freedom to do much else. Don't blame the players if it is the plan that is the problem, changing the faces but playing the same game wont make a difference on the score board.

Boks played like a bunch of school kids.

HM's game plan is so 1 dimensional its shocking

Someone should send HM a copy of the match analysis done on supersport after the game. The guys were spot on, our defence was awful and this up and under nonsense is a joke. They have a lot of work to do this week....

Bismarck was missed. Enforcer, world class.

Not sure with ball in hand - too many Gary Owens.

Steyntjie missed a game-winning penalty.

Although the Pumas were 'unlucky' to not get a historic win.

Kopkrap, Heyneke..

Wat nou?

Boks played like a bunch of school kids.

HM's game plan is so 1 dimensional its shocking

Yeah, strategy is easy to combat.

The 22-0 All Black win over the Wallabies was awesome test rugby.

Morne Steyn does not read the game, he decides what to do long before he gets the ball, he is predictable and tends to pass to the wrong man, and tends to kick when he should run, and then his kicks are not all that good, and then his defense is weakass! Then their gameplan is dumb also. With many players that is not the best in SA, especially in the backline. Hougard is good as a utility impact back, Pienaar is better at no9.

Atleast Morne found his foot again

did not watch the game due to circumstances beyond my control......but apparently he lost his foot again......someone mentioned a while back about him struggling under pressure...perhaps that is turning out true......personally I think he is overrated......