Rugby...

'Dale

Weakest kiwi team? Explain?

The injury of DC is a blessing in disguise, again AC is the flyhalf after leading the mighty Chiefs to super rugby glory once again!!!

Only weakness in this team, is McCaw(returning from sabbatical) and Cane(plunkman for chiefs). And you can't really call McCaw a weakness. He's very presence in any team lifts the spirit and morale of not only the team, but it seems the entire New Zealand nation.

That is an extremely strong team, IMHO. Guys have been playing together for yonks, and they just gel as a team. Gonna be difficult to beat them ( and I'm no fan of them, just saying)

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weakest kiwi team? Explain?

The injury of DC is a blessing in disguise, again AC is the flyhalf after leading the mighty Chiefs to super rugby glory once again!!!

Only weakness in this team, is McCaw(returning from sabbatical) and Cane(plunkman for chiefs). And you can't really call McCaw a weakness. He's very presence in any team lifts the spirit and morale of not only the team, but it seems the entire New Zealand nation.

I was in NZ last year, watched the dunedin test, what an experience, saying the kiwi's are crazy for rugby is an understatement, they worship McCaw, the whole stadium erupted when the oke ran on the field.

what's interesting, all the locals say only one team can beat any AB team any given day and that's the boks. They have a lot of respect for our rugby, they can't understand all the politics in our sport.

I believe HM is short sighted, to win a world cup you need to grow as a team, to grow as a team you need to lose games and learn from your mistakes. I think its a good bok team, would have liked some younsters in the sqaud.

We have a serious problem at no10 and will have for years to come.

Bryce lawrence was paid.

Interesting JJ; I have a few mates in NZ that say the same and feel sorry for us with the political interference that takes place. Then add a mediocre coach, some properly boneheaded policies (quota's & Kings), an archaic structure for SARU and we are steadily going backwards.

As for No. 10 I think the real problem is that we've never had one to coach a replacement. No shortage of talent, just no one to refine and extend it. The talent makes it easy to chop and change but then no one gets an extended run or any confidence. The No. 10 needs to almost have a coach of his own to allow him to develop as they are key to the game. Sexton is relatively average at No. 10 but note that both he and Wilkinson are on bigger pay packets than Habana in France.

Heard yesterday that the Vodacom cup quota rules will change for 2014.

Where you would previously need 5 players of colour, you will now need 7. Who in their right mind believes that this will solve any problems in the country. Between these boneheads and the current Blue Bulls, sorry springbok, coaching staff I don't see us doing much at the 2015 WC.

I was in NZ last year, watched the dunedin test, what an experience, saying the kiwi's are crazy for rugby is an understatement, they worship McCaw, the whole stadium erupted when the oke ran on the field.

what's interesting, all the locals say only one team can beat any AB team any given day and that's the boks. They have a lot of respect for our rugby, they can't understand all the politics in our sport.

I believe HM is short sighted, to win a world cup you need to grow as a team, to grow as a team you need to lose games and learn from your mistakes. I think its a good bok team, would have liked some younsters in the sqaud.

We have a serious problem at no10 and will have for years to come.

Bryce lawrence was paid.

Would everbody just get over this now, it's been 2 years for goodness sakes!!!!!

Heard yesterday that the Vodacom cup quota rules will change for 2014.

Where you would previously need 5 players of colour, you will now need 7. Who in their right mind believes that this will solve any problems in the country. Between these boneheads and the current Blue Bulls, sorry springbok, coaching staff I don't see us doing much at the 2015 WC.

Luckily the WP are sorted should the quota system move to the Currie Cup and Super Rugby. We have at least Skarra, Siya, Juan, Gio, Kolbe and enough to fill the bench. I do feel sorry for these quality players and think it is unfair towards them to be counted as quota players.

Luckily the WP are sorted should the quota system move to the Currie Cup and Super Rugby. We have at least Skarra, Siya, Juan, Gio, Kolbe and enough to fill the bench. I do feel sorry for these quality players and think it is unfair towards them to be counted as quota players.

I also feel sorry for those guys. They deserve to play Currie Cup rugby.

I was just amazed at only 5 of the squad of 23 Springbok's being non-white. And only 2 African at that....After 20 years, can we call that a transformational success story? I don't care what colour players are, as long as they win...but I cringed when I only saw 2 African's in the Springbok squad

My loyalty to the Bokkies have never been this low.

This coach is blind and ignorant and tunnel-visioned.

I also feel sorry for those guys. They deserve to play Currie Cup rugby.

I was just amazed at only 5 of the squad of 23 Springbok's being non-white. And only 2 African at that....After 20 years, can we call that a transformational success story? I don't care what colour players are, as long as they win...but I cringed when I only saw 2 African's in the Springbok squad

I have no problem if there are 13 out of the 15 players being of colour, if they rightfully deserve their positions.

Transformation will mean squat when the team loses dismally every weekend. I think it's a crock that Rugby is the only sport where quotas is being actively pursued, cricket closely behind that. It's one of the reasons I no longer actively support the springboks, way too much politics!!!

Do our Premier soccer teams also have to reflect our demographics?

You can't go there buddy, thats an African sport, white people don't know how to play the game remember.

And you and I are not African seeing as how our great, great, great, gran-daddy originated from Holland or wherever. Again more politics. Meddle with a multiple world cup winning rugby team but ignore the pathetic, losing soccer team.

I wonder if your opinion would've been different if either you or the coach came from another geographic location?

Agree with you there. I don't want to watch the boks play if they win, but do so in a boring fashion....Rugby is entertainment afterall...

Would much rather support New Zealand then... They win, and do so in an entertaining manner.Have never been so close to changing allegiances.

Edited by Captain K'nuckles