Rugby...

'Dale

I am not sure how our collective whinging is going to get the Springboks to play better at Ellis Park in 3 weeks time. Imagine getting off the plane from New Zealand and have everyone remind you that you were robbed. As if the players do not know that! I think that the side now needs to concentrate on the Wallabies in two weeks time and we should focus our attention on that rather than p!ss!ing into the wind.

PS: Let Saru deal with the I R B on the refereeing matter and lets get behind the coach and players for the next game.

Fully agree, it's one thing being cheated but jeez get over it already now!!!

With the way the boks looked arriving back I'd say they have already lost the next 2 games.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure how our collective whinging is going to get the Springboks to play better at Ellis Park in 3 weeks time. Imagine getting off the plane from New Zealand and have everyone remind you that you were robbed. As if the players do not know that! I think that the side now needs to concentrate on the Wallabies in two weeks time and we should focus our attention on that rather than p!ss!ing into the wind.

PS: Let Saru deal with the I R B on the refereeing matter and lets get behind the coach and players for the next game.

Agree..

The home games will see fourie du preez in place of pienaar, and hopefully bismarck is not suspended...we can still come out on top!

P.S.

Its strange the last 2 big influence games the boks played in nz we were "unlucky"? Bryce never reff'd again...wonder what pwat the frogleg twat will do?......

I am at a point where I will start planning my weekends differently. Every Saturday is all about rugby in the afternoons. After what has happened in the CC and Tri (4 minus Argentina) Nations I feel I don't want to watch rugby anymore. I would much rather check the scores and highlight packages on the Sunday on the "catch up" channel.

I am beyond the point of getting upset cause I swear the last 6 games of any rugby that I watched was influenced by the ref.... refer to this SA game, the way Jafta is going in the CC, the way the TMO is going in the CC and then also the klein mannetjie sindrooom of a certain Mr's Lourens v d Merwe and Jaco Peypers. I cant stand watching those okes going about their business.... In the last three weeks the CHeetahs, Griekwas and WP have been withheld from victories due to a ref... and also its not fun to watch stop start games

If the viewer numbers fall then the fatcat administrators will feel it on their pockets and be forced to ensure fair game eventually.

SANZAR also need to realise the Boks are the financial powerhouse of the competition and a lot more people watching the games played in SA due to our time zones that is concurrent with that of Europe. If we quit super rugby and the Championships then there will be nothing left for them and they need to keep this in mind.

Maybe it is time for a change??

Maybe time for the Test cricket season to start....

I agree fully. My stress levels skyrocket about something I can't do anything about.

Much better to go out and do something constructive with my life.

Edited by Moridin

I agree with your first part here

But that let SARU sort it out part not so much. Saru needs to catch a wake up.What ever happened about the Bryce saga and now what are they going to do about this? Probably nothing. And that is why the IRB will forever walk over one of the biggest rugby watching nations in the world. And I think it is pathetic that IRB need to come out and say the ref was wrong BUT it's only human error. Thats why this game has become so stop start to avoid human error.

I am also tired of this "they would have won in any case" bullcrap.

Who knows? Had Bissie not been blown up that tackle right there could have resulted in turn over ball (probably would have as he dropped the ball with his injured shouder) and we could have scored.

Momentum shift and then anything could have happened........ a lot can be said and predictions can be made but no one knows - the ref made sure that was to remain a mystery.

Rugby is a volatile game. Small things/decisions can make big differences.

When Bissie got sent of it was a big blow nonetheless as he was our best player by far....

As mentioned however I am done with it for a while.

I am also tired of this "they would have won in any case" bullcrap.

Who knows? Had Bissie not been blown up that tackle right there could have resulted in turn over ball (probably would have as he dropped the ball with his injured shouder) and we could have scored.

Momentum shift and then anything could have happened........ a lot can be said and predictions can be made but no one knows - the ref made sure that was to remain a mystery.

Rugby is a volatile game. Small things/decisions can make big differences.

When Bissie got sent of it was a big blow nonetheless as he was our best player by far....

As mentioned however I am done with it for a while.

I thought we looked good til the yellow and ultimately red... they scored a try when Bismarck was off for the Carter tackle, so it should have been 10-10 at halftime as a minimum. We owned their pack in the mauls and at lineout - we can take them at Ellis if we focus our anger and enjoy having a decent scrumhalf running the show...

whinging is a bit wasted with SARU useless as they are. I don't really watch anymore but if no one whinges the incompetent and the crooked get away with it. Like SA. Unless of course you are Mac Maharaj or Steve Hansen then I fully understand your point. Less whinging is more better.

at least the IRB is nothing like FIFA!!

i dont get too stressed about the game..was all forgotten about that afternoon. With all the the other stresses we have, there is absolutely ho point in adding sport results to that mix.

Ellis park is either gonna be a damp squib or the boks are gonna shove the Ab's all over the place.....but before that..there is a little game in cape town to worry about first

Edited by Stretch

"If Romain Poite and Bryce Lawrence were drowning and you only had time to save one - what type of sandwich would you make... ?" - Greg Forbes

"Not only was it a completely legal, well timed tackle, it should get an award for tackle of the year!" - Gary Doyle

"Helluva job Romain Poite. Bryce Lawrence is now only public enemy #2." - Clinton van der Burg

"#RomainPoite and #BryceLawrence walks into a bar in South Africa.......#jokesover" - Jacques Burger

"Now the Boks might as well walk off the field. Only one result from here. Well played Romain Poite." - Brenden Nel

"Chin up Heyneke. You have a great team and they'd wipe the floor with all. Except NZ in NZ with ref Romain Poite." - Kyle John Leigh

"I bet you Romain Poite and Bryce Lawrence are pen pals." - Simon Hill

"For clarity's sake, Romain Poite wasn't biased in any sense, he was just appalling." - Jean Smyth

"Is Romain Poite the president of the Dan Carter fan club?" - Elma Smit

"Feigning injury on the ground, throwing your arms wildly up in the air at the referee, complaining about legitimate tackles. I must commend the All Blacks SOCCER team on their 'performance' against the Springboks this morning." - Quinn

A sandwich????...... I would start by defrosting a steak

Blue Bull steak? The same one a 14man province had the weekend?

Blue Bull steak? The same one a 14man province had the weekend?

Eish that was bad stamp in the face. I think he intentionally stood on the player but I don't think he was going for the face. I wonder how long he will be out for?

Eish that was bad stamp in the face. I think he intentionally stood on the player but I don't think he was going for the face. I wonder how long he will be out for?

I would guess 4-6weeks... looks bad on the replay, even if I agree that it probably wasn't intentional