Rugby...

'Dale

Talking about selective, lets look at the stats and delve a bit in before making sweeping statements.

Stormers lost 7 out of 16 games. Bulls lost 5 out of 17.

Stormers were one of the teams to beat the eventual champions the Chiefs.

The Bulls were one of the lucky teams who didn't have to play them. (Stormers got to miss out on playing the teams who ended up 13th and 14th on the log).

Doesn't look so cut and dried now.

Don't forget that the stormers(and sharks) played most of the season with 10/15 players out injured. Bulls got to play next year with a similar shortage of players(except injured players are more likely to come back than ones with french contracts).

The peno in extra time against the Cheetahs was touch and go and ultiamtely one of the big moments in their season.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HM says a ' horses for courses' strategy is necessary for the tour...

South Africa: 15 Zane Kirchner, 14 Willie le Roux, 13 JJ Engelbrecht, 12 Jean de Villiers (captain), 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Morné Steyn, 9 Ruan Pienaar, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Willem Alberts, 6 Francois Louw, 5 Flip van der Merwe, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Bismarck du Plessis, 1 Tendai Mtawarira.

Replacements: 16 Adriaan Strauss, 17 Gurthrö Steenkamp, 18 Coenie Oosthuizen, 19 Juandre Kruger, 20 Siya Kolisi, 21 Jano Vermaak, 22 Pat Lambie, 23 Jan Serfontein.

This is a big boring, "we will run over you" type team... it could quite possibly work against the Ozzies who's pack is useless, but I seriously doubt it will work against NZ. We're still playing Caveman rugby :blush:

The peno in extra time against the Cheetahs was touch and go and ultiamtely one of the big moments in their season.

....... the ref cheated??????? :clap: :clap:

....... the ref cheated??????? :clap: :clap:

Please read - I said it was touch and go (the call could have gone either way). It was a huge moment for both teams.

I never said the ref cheated - ill leave the excuses to the bulls fans

Stil, broers,

daar gaan ‘n man verby,

hy groet,

en dis verlaas.

Daar’s nog maar één soos hy;

bekyk hom goed.

R.I.P. Prof Fritz Eloff,

Prof Fritz Eloff did everything at great length. He lived till he was 93, he was the head of zoology at Pretoria University for 31 years, on the executive of the SA Rugby Board for 30 years, president of Northern Transvaal Rugby Union for 26 years, chairman of the National Parks Board for 16 years and chaired the Council of Curators, Transvaal Museum, for 28 years and served on the International Rugby Board for 27 years. He started early and went on for a long time.

I was at the 50 years commerative plinth of Kgalagadi next to the Aub River recently when we were there. He was part of my childhood, his daughter and I were together at school.

Die Kalahari Leeus gaan jou mis Oom Fritz.

Stil, broers,

daar gaan ‘n man verby,

hy groet,

en dis verlaas.

Daar’s nog maar één soos hy;

bekyk hom goed.

R.I.P. Prof Fritz Eloff,

Prof Fritz Eloff did everything at great length. He lived till he was 93, he was the head of zoology at Pretoria University for 31 years, on the executive of the SA Rugby Board for 30 years, president of Northern Transvaal Rugby Union for 26 years, chairman of the National Parks Board for 16 years and chaired the Council of Curators, Transvaal Museum, for 28 years and served on the International Rugby Board for 27 years. He started early and went on for a long time.

I was at the 50 years commerative plinth of Kgalagadi next to the Aub River recently when we were there. He was part of my childhood, his daughter and I were together at school.

Die Kalahari Leeus gaan jou mis Oom Fritz.

I wonder why there was no 1 minute silence in respect of Prof Eloff at the start of he game. I see it as disrespectfull

Edited by Big H*

We are playing 16 people again today...... A yellow card for a intentional knockdown, come-on ref!!!!!!!!!!

As usual, critisize without offering a solution.

This is the 'Net.

Not a solutioning forum for Bok rugby.

Edited by ' Dale

This is the 'Net.

Not a solutioning forum for Bok rugby.

Oh, why then so suurtiet cause you live in the Cape Colony, and are prejudiced against a coach that comes from the civilised part of the country.

Oh, why then so suurtiet cause you live in the Cape Colony, and are prejudiced against a coach that comes from the civilised part of the country.

..... Oh and I expect a reply that was cut and pasted from somewhere like 99% of your posts.