Rugby...

'Dale

Well, 'Dale, you and I both at the bottom of the log. My Cheetahs really were poor not to win against the Chiefs. But the Stormers? My previous comments stand now more than ever. Time for renewal. Hopefully Smal brings something new to the party. But mid-season? Tall order!!

The way refs are now blowing the breakdown, in field TMO decisions, and the chip into space more recently, all lend themselves to more of an attacking game plan with a rush defence. The Stormers game plan has become stale - injuries or not.

Good points, flymango

Stormers franchise in deep poo-poo.

I've lost massive interest in their campaign now as they are out of the running.

Management team changes is in the air.

It's just a matter of timing.

:-(

Must say the ref loved his whistle this evening.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good points, flymango

Stormers franchise in deep poo-poo.

I've lost massive interest in their campaign now as they are out of the running.

Management team changes is in the air.

It's just a matter of timing.

Must say the ref loved his whistle this evening.

Welcome to my world. It's been tough as a Vrystaat/Cheetahs supporter since the 1970"s. But loyal always.

Welcome to my world. It's been tough as a Vrystaat/Cheetahs supporter since the 1970"s. But loyal always.

Loyalty remains.

Interest is at a low.

Loyalty remains.

Interest is at a low.

I was just taking a meander down memory lane with the Vrystaat/Cheetahs.

Off the top of my head (forgive spelling):

Klippies Kritzenger, Wouter Hugo, Gerrie Germishuys, Edrich Krantz, Barry Wolmarans, De Wet Ras, Eben Jansen, Gysie Pienaar, Theuns Stoffberg, Vleis Visagie, Ros van Reenen, Helgaard Muller, Andre Bester, Piet Bester, Lourens Steyger, Pieter Muller, Brendan Venter, Pieter de Haas, Lourens Prinsloo, Eben Scheepers, Chris Badenhorst, Andre Joubert, Henry Honiball, Danie Anthony, Jannie Els, Frikkie Botha, Stompie Fourie, Thabu Thomas, Andre Greyling, Heinrich Fuls (maybe Transvaal?), Ruben Kruger, Naka Drotske, Andre Venter, Ryno Opperman, .... my memory failing me now.

Jip, I love my Cheetahs through thick and thin.

When watching other games, I always shout for the team playing against Province.

When watching other games, I always shout for the team playing against Province.

Sies, man

No wonder they keep on losing

Sies, man

No wonder they keep on losing

Hehehehehe, why did I know that you would comment on that post. Sorry Bud, those Stormers of yours are looking more like a light drizzle than Strormers at this stage.

Hehehehehe, why did I know that you would comment on that post. Sorry Bud, those Stormers of yours are looking more like a light drizzle than Strormers at this stage.

Tell me about it

Can't even argue with you

Nothing to defend

:-/

Btw don't bait me, man.

Life is tough enough.

Cried myself to sleep after that game last night.

:-)

Btw don't bait me, man.

Life is tough enough.

Cried myself to sleep after that game last night.

:-)

AND I drank my bathwater... :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Thanks to the Cheetas, i made a silly bet with my laaitie that I'll give up beer for 3 months if they draw with the Chiefs...Now I'm crying!!

AS for Stormers...a management change is not going to help much... I;m afraid...

There is that old saying of "can't polish a turd..."

We simply do not have the talent, with the guys who has left for greener paychecks and those who are injured...

Wer'e basically fielding a 3rd team in some positions!

Edited by Cassie

AND I drank my bathwater... :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Thanks to the Cheetas, i made a silly bet with my laaitie that I'll give up beer for 3 months if they draw with the Chiefs...Now I'm crying!!

AS for Stormers...a management change is not going to help much... I;m afraid...

There is that old saying of "can't polish a turd..."

We simply do not have the talent, with the guys who has left for greener paychecks and those who are injured...

Wer'e basically fielding a 3rd team in some positions!

Yoh, those Chiefs are one formidable unit.

The two-time defending champions are looking like the hot favourites to retain the Super title.

For SA fans, it's not easy right now.

Bulls showing glimmers of good rugby.

Sharks the best by far.

Stormers. Ai!

Cheetahs. Ai!

The two-time defending champions are looking like the hot favourites to retain the Super title.

Sharks the best by far.

Stormers. Ai!

Cheetahs. Ai!

Hopefully Gert will be to the Stormers what Jake is to the Sharks.

Sharks the best by far.

Stormers. Ai!

Cheetahs. Ai!

Lions Ai Ai!!

Waratah and proud today. Had a few visits to Newlands as what only seems to be sydneysider in CT (dressed in my 'tahs finest) and invariably witnessed at a beating.

Glad to have seen the boys get up but was more encouraging that is was without izzy.

New training methods seem to be coming good. Maybe Fleck should take some tips. ;)

http://www.sydneyunirugby.com.au/images/news%20images/Waratahs_Strut_Streets590.JPG

Imo player fatigue also has a role to play. NZ has a good system for developing more than 15 top players, and managing them well through the year. I hope HM takes a developing team on the year end tour.

So the stormers hit the bottom of the log, hopefully they don't finish there like the chiefs, crusaders, sharks and bulls have all done before.

Last night was pathetic, but you can't discount the fact that they flew back from the brisbane and the tour of hell, to face the waratahs who took a two hour trip on kulula from king shaka.

The stormers were always going to battle this year with the schedule, but I'm Ok with them throwing the baby out with the bath water