Rugby...

'Dale

Watching "catch up on DSTV" of the All Black vs USA game, with USA commentators:

1. Craig Joubert - Head Referee (didn't know there were another referees in rugby);
  2. (All Blacks) trigger their offense again;
  3. Dagg taking it in for the five (try);

Only in the USA - this was 5 minutes, wonder how it was over 80 minutes?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching "catch up on DSTV" of the All Black vs USA game, with USA commentators:

1. Craig Joubert - Head Referee (didn't know there were another referees in rugby);
  2. (All Blacks) trigger their offense again;
  3. Dagg taking it in for the five (try);

Only in the USA - this was 5 minutes, wonder how it was over 80 minutes?

Meh,

Nonetheless it was pretty funny..

Sort of like listening to the idiots savant (sans savant) Pierce and Skinstad.

The only difference was that they (Team America) were comedic, rather than idiotic.

the eagles looked smashed at the end of 80min. ABs just cranked up the pace of play and left the eagles for dead. When they weren't dead, they were looking pretty bewildered. But very nice to see such a packed stadium. There were ppl in the rafters!

The commentators were pretty funny, with some odd references. BUT, they weren't wrong, unlike the Rampage commentators. ermahgerd that was horrible to listen to.

Some interesting selections, as well as some shockers!!

The Springbok squad for the Outgoing Tour 2014:

Forwards (20): Bakkies Botha, Schalk Burger, Nizaam Carr, Marcell Coetzee, Robbie Coetzee, Eben Etzebeth, Lodewyk de Jager, Jaco Kriel, Victor Matfield, Teboho Mohoje, Tendai Mtawarira, Trevor Nyakane, Coenie Oosthuizen, Bismarck du Plessis, Jannie du Plessis, Julian Redelinghuys, Gurthro Steenkamp, Adriaan Strauss, Duane Vermeulen, Warren Whiteley

Backs (16): Damian de Allende, Johan Goosen, Bryan Habana, Cornal Hendricks, Francois Hougaard, Patrick Lambie, Lwazi Mvovo, Ruan Pienaar, JP Pietersen, Handre Pollard, Cobus Reinach, Willie le Roux, Seabelo Senatla, Jan Serfontein, Morne Steyn, Jean de Villiers (captain)

why the hell do we need 4 flyhalves

Apparently Mister Glass (Goosen) was picked as a fullback, together with Lambie more of a utility pick then.

RIP Tinus Linee... 

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Tributes-flock-in-for-Tinus-Linee-20141103

Am I the only one wondering what the rugby players were "spuiting" in the 90's? So many of that era that contracted some very rare conditions and illnesses. 

I've read or heard somewhere that there is a question of the grass fertilizers at the time time that may have led to some of these rare conditions.

Don't have any facts...

RIP -_-

I've read or heard somewhere that there is a question of the grass fertilizers at the time time that may have led to some of these rare conditions.

Don't have any facts...

RIP -_-

I think they are all  bit snopesy...I heard once it was the lime used for line markings...I think it is a combination of bad luck and/or a gene or dna strain that is becoming more emergent due to any number of conditions related to a modernised world...the reason I say this is that we seem to have more cases than we previously had (pure speculation of course)

RIP

Some interesting selections, as well as some shockers!!

The Springbok squad for the Outgoing Tour 2014:

Forwards (20): Bakkies Botha, Schalk Burger, Nizaam Carr, Marcell Coetzee, Robbie Coetzee, Eben Etzebeth, Lodewyk de Jager, Jaco Kriel, Victor Matfield, Teboho Mohoje, Tendai Mtawarira, Trevor Nyakane, Coenie Oosthuizen, Bismarck du Plessis, Jannie du Plessis, Julian Redelinghuys, Gurthro Steenkamp, Adriaan Strauss, Duane Vermeulen, Warren Whiteley

Backs (16): Damian de Allende, Johan Goosen, Bryan Habana, Cornal Hendricks, Francois Hougaard, Patrick Lambie, Lwazi Mvovo, Ruan Pienaar, JP Pietersen, Handre Pollard, Cobus Reinach, Willie le Roux, Seabelo Senatla, Jan Serfontein, Morne Steyn, Jean de Villiers (captain)

1. The last test against Wales is OUTSIDE the international fixture window, so the international players have to return to their non-SA clubs.

2. HM wants to take fringe players with, so that they get to experience the Bok squad on tour even if they don't feature on the field/bench.

Splendid play by the Irish

The Kiwis were tested by the Englisg but, yet again, showed their class.

Next week for the Boks: Twickenham!

Splendid play by the Irish

The Kiwis were tested by the Englisg Nigel Owens but, yet again, showed their class.

Next week for the Boks: Twickenham!

Fixed.

ABs set to celebrate FIVE years at the top

WOW!!

1. New Zealand 93.70

2. South Africa 89.02

3. Australia 85.44

4. England 85.12

5. Ireland 84.84

6. France 80.25

7. Wales 79.78

8. Scotland 78.27

9. Japan 75.63

10. Argentina 75.45

11. Samoa 75.11

12. Fiji 74.34

13. Tonga 73.89

14. Italy 72.16

15. Georgia 69.40

16. USA 68.71

17. Canada 67.92

18. Romania 67.01

19. Uruguay 63.58

20. Russia 63.54

ABs set to celebrate FIVE years at the top

WOW!!

And hopefully crash and burn at the RWC next year, in the forecasted semi against the Bokke.

But still impressive!

Hard to read into the quality of the Boks' performance against England

But hey, winning at the cauldron that is Twickenham is always a feat.