Rugby...

'Dale

Elton J is definitely a good prospect

Never received the confidence by a coach and the sustained opportunity to settle into nr 10

This could be a moment for him

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow - some quite firm words spoken by Jonathon Kaplan in response to the article below...and I agree

http://www.worldrugby.org/sevens-series/news/137975

"What a load of rubbish ! No one is accountable ? A team scores the winning try with an extra player on the field and thereby distorts the whole ethos of sport ( a fair contest ) and it's all one big mistake .. I can honestly say I don't think deliberate cheating is remotely possible but when the winner of the tournament has been distorted , and perhaps the winner of the whole competition , you gotta ask how long the public will accept this ?"

The 8th player was directly involved in play, which ended up in a try eventually. If he was just hanging around at the back, no impact on the play and then realized "oops I should get off the field" I would understand but he was involved in play..

Very poor from IRB or World Rugby or NZRB or AllBlacks united or whatever they call themselves these days

Elton J is definitely a good prospect

Never received the confidence by a coach and the sustained opportunity to settle into nr 10

This could be a moment for him

Elton is going to play the Rugby World on fire this year.. What I like about him is his flair. He can run, he can distribute, he can kick, he can really get a backline going and he always keeps the opposition guessing.. He is going to be key if the Lions are going to improve on their campaign from last year..

If anybody is keen to join, we have a little money pool going for Superbru this Superrugby season. Time to put your money where your mouth is  :thumbup:

It does honestly add quite a bit of spice to an already intriguing comp!

The pool code for thehubsa.co.za big guns is turfoast

Fee is R300, prize money goes to the top 3

Banking details are as follows:

LE Challis

Standard Bank

Branch: Porterville, ibt 051001

a/c 042 166 721

Reference: SB and Hubname

Follow all the updates on here:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/125499-super-rugby-2013-the-hub-sa-superbru-pool/page-67

You gotta be in it to win it  :devil: 

First rounds are always the hardest. Have last years high performers still got it or have they lost it ? Last year my Superbru picks sucked and I think I was 3rd last in my pool until the 3rd round when i started to claw my way back. 

looks like a cracking start to Super Rugby :clap:

only problem is im sitting at my desk and not in front of the TV  :angry:  

Blues are beating the Highlanders, did not see that coming.  :(

yes... I missed my first round Superbru pick in our office pool and would have gone for a Highlanders win. Gmph.... close result though.

yes... I missed my first round Superbru pick in our office pool and would have gone for a Highlanders win. Gmph.... close result though.

Lost that one.

Got the Brumbies up for win next against Hurricanes, looks good so far  :thumbup:

The Tjeetahs vs the Jags should be a cracker! Well if the game is boring, the fights at least will be memorable.

The Stormers hit the ground running. The Bulls have work to do before hosting the Rebels. The Stormers will want to get one over the Cheetahs to create some early daylight for themselves in AC1.

I dunno guys, one Swallow does not make a summer.

What I saw of the weekend (and I'm no Rugby expert) is that our standard of rugby is sub par with the Aussies and Kiwis. They are playing a much more structured and flowing type of rugby, compared to our "stamp kar" type of rugby.

We are going to have our hands full against them.