Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After the Sharks dismal showing this morning, I thought it won't get worse . I was wrong

We at least have points on the board.

Q: Name the team that went scoreless in a Super Rugby knock out match?

A: The Sharks

Great game for the Lions. Really good vibe at the stadium. Can we just finally admit that we need more teams to play the kind of rugby the lions play. They are the only SA team that seem to have a clue at the moment.

And it's not attack for attack sake. They have a proper structure in place. Got to have ball in hand and you've got to keep it in play through accurate passing which is something that the Lions do incredibly well. Next week though will be a litmus test for how close they are to the Kiwi sides. Definitely though the best Saffer team by a long long margin.

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

What a blitzkrieg by the Chiefs

Wow

I didn't watch the game

Ended up watching a movie and checked the score every now and then

What a performance failure by the home team ????

The only thing worse than being a Stormers fan last night, is being a Bulls fan.

Even shouting for the sharks is just as bad after their pointsless humiliation.

My wife fell asleep during the stormers game, and when she woke up, she asked if the game is over, I said yep, we got klapped, and she said, "jy was darem baie stil..." (you were awfully quiet.)

I can't believe how bad both the sharks and stormers played. Actually, no, they have both been playing crap for a while.

Edited by PhilipV

Went to Ellispark, excellent atmosphere and exiting game. I thought there would be more people though, will see next week. Maybe because prices went up from R50 to R250 plus R100 for parking. Beer always a R30 [emoji106]. We will need to improve our in-game kicks though as we managed to always find the receiver and can't afford to give the balls away like that.

Only 2 more games to go [emoji122][emoji122]

We at least have points on the board.

Q: Name the team that went scoreless in a Super Rugby knock out match?

A: The Sharks

True story. But not just scoreless. Clueless, helpless , luckless and aimless as well.

True story. But not just scoreless. Clueless, helpless , luckless and aimless as well.

Don't worry Teich will sort out whatever nonsense is happening that's being kept under wraps. Smart man and a good leader and will the Sharks on course again.

As for the Stormers, horrifically inconsistent through out the season and the less said about last night the better. Worse this inconsistency is hugely prevalent with the Bulls, Sharks & the Cheetahs (they have worst of all being inconsistent while their match is ongoing). Not sure if because of the brain drain or because our teams are generally inept or some other reason. We need a huge paradigm shift towards more attacking rugby with proper structure (think Lions) and that would mean Kiwi and Aussie coaches or getting the Saffers with international experience (Venter, Smal and the dude in charge of the Force) back here.

What a blitzkrieg by the Chiefs

Wow

I didn't watch the game

Ended up watching a movie and checked the score every now and then

What a performance failure by the home team ????

Ended up channel hopping between Idols wooden mic and ridiculousness on MTV.

Yeah, not sure how all our sides get up to the point we all believe they should be at. Don't think there's any one single reason for our kakness. The players generally play their hearts out, they seem fit, just get hammered when up against better sides.

The consistent stream of our players to other leagues world over can't help. Early doors, it was just the chaps nearing end of their careers who went for a season or 2, but now the lads go straight from school in some cases. I have no issue with those decisions, rugby players are like any other profession world over who migrate to find perceived better employment or opportunity. It is what it is. The leagues with the most bucks will remain the strongest.

However that dilutes our base here at home, and the loss of experience and talent each season just leave a hole that can't be filled.

I don't know the solution. Either increase the team numbers to increase the player pool, and accept for a while standards will be more ***, or drop the number of franchises and concentrate the talent that you have.

But we have to maybe swallow hard for a while and accept that we ain't top dogs anymore. I have spent my rugby life knowing that we could win any game at will, and each loss was just a blip in the radar, but our class would always shine through. Maybe not so much anymore and that's what makes us sad. And indifferent.

At least the Sharks are consistent. I would say we have two consistent teams. Lions and the Sharks. One team consistently good the other consistently clueless.

Lions had one really off game when Whitely was held up at gun point on his way in to the stadium shortly before the start of the game. I forget who they were playing but they looked a bit like the Sharks that day.

At least the Sharks are consistent. I would say we have two consistent teams. Lions and the Sharks. One team consistently good the other consistently clueless.

Lions had one really off game when Whitely was held up at gun point on his way in to the stadium shortly before the start of the game. I forget who they were playing but they looked a bit like the Sharks that day.

They played the Canes that day.

And now AC wants to bring back Habana... I see a big Hiding for the boks in this years rugby championship...

The lion are really playing awesome rugby, But how will they react when they are behind and tries are hard to come by and the defence of the opposition are solid....

Atleast the Aussies are getting things right. They have now appointed Mick Byrne as their National Skills Coach. The same guy that have helped and coach the AB's on their Skills...

We Desperately need one. Stick is no backline coach...

And it's not attack for attack sake. They have a proper structure in place. Got to have ball in hand and you've got to keep it in play through accurate passing which is something that the Lions do incredibly well. Next week though will be a litmus test for how close they are to the Kiwi sides. Definitely though the best Saffer team by a long long margin.

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

The Crusaders are a Kiwi side. They did pretty well against them