Rugby...

'Dale

And now AC wants to bring back Habana... I see a big Hiding for the boks in this years rugby championship...

The lion are really playing awesome rugby, But how will they react when they are behind and tries are hard to come by and the defence of the opposition are solid....

Atleast the Aussies are getting things right. They have now appointed Mick Byrne as their National Skills Coach. The same guy that have helped and coach the AB's on their Skills...

We Desperately need one. Stick is no backline coach...

You mean like when they played the Irish? Oh no wait, that was the Springboks. Seriously though I have seen the Lions come from behind. They are fit and don't give up

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Crusaders are a Kiwi side. They did pretty well against them

Ooooooppppppppssssss my bad.

Lions on par with the Saders then, at least. Next week will see if they can be on par consistently. Really liking this upward curve in their performances. Genuinely hope they give the Chiefs a pasting as well!

Edit: another mistake, playing the 'Landers in the SF!

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

Edited by Mntboy

At least the Sharks are consistent. I would say we have two consistent teams. Lions and the Sharks. One team consistently good the other consistently clueless.

Lions had one really off game when Whitely was held up at gun point on his way in to the stadium shortly before the start of the game. I forget who they were playing but they looked a bit like the Sharks that day.

Was it not the Canes, the Lions suffered their heaviest defeat 17-50 against them. 

You mean like when they played the Irish? Oh no wait, that was the Springboks. Seriously though I have seen the Lions come from behind. They are fit and don't give up

The Irish are def not the All Blacks, ( if it wasn't for the Altitude that came into effect the last 20min, the Iirsh B-Side would've won.).

Don't get me wrong, I agree, this Lions team can def come from behind, and beat anyone, but during  this year, most of their games they were a head come half-time. It will be a good test of their character to see how they cope if let's say, if the Highlanders score 2 quick tries in succession and they find themselves 14-0 down. 

The Irish are def not the All Blacks, ( if it wasn't for the Altitude that came into effect the last 20min, the Iirsh B-Side would've won.).

Don't get me wrong, I agree, this Lions team can def come from behind, and beat anyone, but during this year, most of their games they were a head come half-time. It will be a good test of their character to see how they cope if let's say, if the Highlanders score 2 quick tries in succession and they find themselves 14-0 down.

I reckon they'll handle that particular situation far better than imagined. This is fast shaping to be one of the best Lions teams. One that will have a better record than the 90's outfit that won 3 Currie Cups and a Super Ten title in 94. Whiteley is a smart skip and in Kriel, Combrinck and, guessing but he seems the type, Van Rensburg he's got able lieutenants and they'll get the ship steadied. Faf and EJ will play their part too.

Once again I think this Lions team is developing to an exceptional unit and is going to be a leading light for SA's other teams.

I reckon they'll handle that particular situation far better than imagined. This is fast shaping to be one of the best Lions teams. One that will have a better record than the 90's outfit that won 3 Currie Cups and a Super Ten title in 94. Whiteley is a smart skip and in Kriel, Combrinck and, guessing but he seems the type, Van Rensburg he's got able lieutenants and they'll get the ship steadied. Faf and EJ will play their part too.

Once again I think this Lions team is developing to an exceptional unit and is going to be a leading light for SA's other teams.

Yip, until other unions start offering more money for them. Think the Bulls, and Especially the Sharks ( now that Teichman are in charge) will offer some of the Lions Players big Contracts.

Yip, until other unions start offering more money for them. Think the Bulls, and Especially the Sharks ( now that Teichman are in charge) will offer some of the Lions Players big Contracts.

That's the thing about this Lions team, and probably the biggest reason why they're so successful at the moment. The fact that they've kept most of the team together for the last few years. The core of this group went through some dark times together (2013), but they formed one big family and play for one another. They've been playing excellent rugby for the past 2 seasons now so many of their players have received offers from elsewhere. Even Franco Mostert who was going to France is now staying (although he hasn't re-signed at the Lions yet). And it all starts at the top where in Kevin de Klerk and Rudolf Straeuli we have excellent administrators. Then there's no better coaching team in SA than Ackers, Swys and Ferreira

Sad but true [emoji30][emoji30]

Eish, with WW and Ross out I'm a bit nervous about this game. The Lions' bench might be a bit of a weakness. If it's close at the end we better hope the altitude and travel catches up with them, because we really don't have anyone on the bench that can make a big positive impact

Got my hands on a pair of earphones and following the match on the radio. Epic match so far. Lions doing well!

Go Lions!