Rugby...

'Dale

Nice article by Moerdyk from 'Opinions' on news24:

http://www.news24.co...s-dead-20120921

Indeed.... I remember the one year when the Cheetahs won the cup for the first time it was Semi Finals time against the Sharks. The Cheetahs had relatively conservative game plan with kicking and driving and only going wide late in games when the opposition got tired. Rassie changed the game plan and they ran with everything they got. At half time they were leading by 30 points already and the game was over against a much better Sharks team on paper.

Rugby has become to generic/scientific. I say bring back the unpredictable. A coach is supposed to only en sure a lekker environment in which players can express themselves. Sure the basics need to apply but dont have pe-planned moves for evey position on the field...... Let the players do what they want.

Sure Morne was crap, because he had to follow a crap Bulls gameplan. I also cannot understand why the hell not Lambie is played. He is the future fact. Name one thing that Kirchner can do better than him? Goosen last year kicked like 90% of all his kicks over, people tend to forget that.

With Heynekes game plan he might just as well choose Andries Bekker at fullback as he doesnt believe in the fullback coming into the line. It is evident in that when the Boks broke the line last time and had an overlap.... they skrikked so groot they moered the bal weg cause that wasnt part of the game plan....

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you sub Goosen if he plays well?

Hopefully the nicknaks man will be substituted in the 10th minute. Adriaan will make a good captain you are right.

I wouldn't sub any player who's playing well, but HM has before and will again. The name Dean Greyling springs to mind. Cost us the All Black Test that did. My theory being that he wants to give Lambie game time and wants to ease Goosen into Test rugby and to vindicate the fact that Jantjies was the only sub against England in June not to get game time.

I wouldn't sub any player who's playing well, but HM has before and will again. The name Dean Greyling springs to mind. Cost us the All Black Test that did. My theory being that he wants to give Lambie game time and wants to ease Goosen into Test rugby and to vindicate the fact that Jantjies was the only sub against England in June not to get game time.

Why would he now all of a sudden give Lambie game time? He gave him a total of 10min in the previous 5 tests. If he wanted tom give him game time he should have let him play curriecup last weekend.

If Lambie comes on and plays crap can we really blame him? If you dont race for 6 months and only train and then suddenly race its not the same. You need match fitness

Why would he now all of a sudden give Lambie game time? He gave him a total of 10min in the previous 5 tests. If he wanted tom give him game time he should have let him play curriecup last weekend.

If Lambie comes on and plays crap can we really blame him? If you dont race for 6 months and only train and then suddenly race its not the same. You need match fitness

I agree. But he has just dropped Steyn through the bench, so we're on a bit of a roll here ...

If I was Lambie I would give SARU the middle finger and go play in France.

Edited by Moridin

If I was Lambie I would give SARU the middle finger and go play in France.

He is still young, i would wait a year or two before he does that

So what is everyones prediction for this weekend.

I will say boks to win by 8-15 points :thumbup:

Close scraper... Win for Boks.

16 - 12

He is still young, i would wait a year or two before he does that

I think he should do it now, Frans Steyn is good example

I reckon SA by 12

I agree that Straus would make a good captain.

But will he ever be our first pick at hooker once Bismark is back.

Jean is in for another year if there are no injuries.

So thinking of the starting 15(you have to have a consistently fit 15)

Who would be the choice.

Its going to be an interesting choice with no born leaders(in my opinion) in the team.