Cape Pioneer Trek 2012 Route

GLuvsMtb

Gerhard, wave as you come past me. I start a minute before you.

None of that! We'll see each other at the finish line! :thumbup:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the late sleepers!!!! Still a few openings for bicycling servicing packages for the week.

Regards

Cycle wrench Works

www.wrenchworks.co.za

Hey gerhardc, my wife and I met you yesterday at registration. Just had a look at this thread and the penny dropped. Good luck on the prologue - we'll try say howzit afterwards.

I can't understand why all the top teams are not at this race with the prize money on offer. RECM, Itec, MTN etc.

hey hey...360life takes it....100 gorillas at the top of the swartberg + stage...via twitter

They still have to finish in the top 10 overall at the end of the event in order to get the cash. If they come 11th, no cash... if they don't finish, no cash...

They still have to finish in the top 10 overall at the end of the event in order to get the cash. If they come 11th, no cash... if they don't finish, no cash...

huh...so there is smallprint?, according to the official bridge cape pioneer twitter account..."100k in the bag"

huh...so there is smallprint?, according to the official bridge cape pioneer twitter account..."100k in the bag"

It's in place to prevent teams winning the stage and then relaxing. Just wish there was more competition but I'm sure Evens and George are smiling.

We watched the highlights of stage 1 on tv last night.

A swarm bees attacked a few riders and a guy had what looked like 50 stings over his arms. Not a cool way to leave such an amazing race.

My wiife and I were one of the unlucky ones who were stung by bees. We both ended up in hospital on Monday. I am still unable I ride. My wife was feeling fine by the end of yesterday, so I dropped her at Prince Albert this morning, so she could do today's stage.

I'm pretty bummed out, but I guess that's life.

My wiife and I were one of the unlucky ones who were stung by bees. We both ended up in hospital on Monday. I am still unable I ride. My wife was feeling fine by the end of yesterday, so I dropped her at Prince Albert this morning, so she could do today's stage.

Eish sorry to hear man...thank goodness you are ok though. All the best and enjoy the vibe at CPT

Eish sorry to hear man...thank goodness you are ok though. All the best and enjoy the vibe at CPT

Thanks, the locals are super friendly and vibe is great. Something really special.

Hi G, sorry to hear this but glad you're ok. Hope you get to ride a couple more stages & look forward to hearing more about this event. I'm keen to enter next year.

Hi G, sorry to hear this but glad you're ok. Hope you get to ride a couple more stages & look forward to hearing more about this event. I'm keen to enter next year.

Thanks. I'm hoping that I'll be able to ride tomorrow. Still a couple of awesome stages left.

It's a pity that we couldn't do the Swartbergpas climb. We rode up it yesterday in the car, and it is brutal. The last 3k kicks up really steeply. Just about every team who got to the top looked FUBAR. And what is not advertised is that while the timing stops at the top you still have to cycle another 21k into Prince Albert. Eina.

Edited by G-Unit

Thanks. I'm hoping that I'll be able to ride tomorrow. Still a couple of awesome stages left.

It's a pity that we couldn't do the Swartbergpas climb. We rode up it yesterday in the car, and it is brutal. The last 3k kicks up really steeply. Just about every team who got to the top looked FUBAR. And what is not advertised is that while the timing stops at the top you still have to cycle another 21k into Prince Albert. Eina.

Jeez another 21k..........more pain!