All things Colnago

StevieL

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

Introducing .... "The bicycle the Hub built......well almost" ????

Going through the parts inventory list for the C40 a few weeks back, I discovered that almost everything for this build was purchased from a fellow hubber. Every component or accessory, with the exception of the bottom bracket cable guide, headset spacers and cable end-clips have been purchased from a hubber. The tubes are from CWCycles, but since the Oom has a Hub account, i suppose he's considered a hubber ????.

I purchased the frameset in September 2016; its a C40 Mk2 with Urs Freuler geometry, and had to control the urge jumping into the build, since it was planned as a 2017 project. Some of you may recognize it in a different guise from earlier in this thread ????.

Sourcing the various components began back in February, with the last purchase, being the wheelset, taking place in November.

Firsts on a build for me include; 1st Colnago frame, 1st "deepish"-section wheelset and 1st wireless bead tyres. Also a first... 3mm water bottle cage bolts. Not come across these before ????.

It's going to be difficult judging which particular component has the greatest effect on the bicycle's ride quality until i've put a decent mileage on the bicycle.

I've completed a few projects the past couple of years but have to admit this build has probably been the most collaborative with more "assists" than on any other build. Many thanks to everyone who has offered time, assistance, advice, great deals and to those persons who have donated parts.

If this C40's ride result provides even half the pleasure the project build has, then this is gonna be one great ride.

Many thanks to :

EvanB, JMK1, Morph, King of the Downhill, Cippo, HeartCoppi, CWCycles, trail-er-park, Brett, plus 1 other - apologies but i forgot the sellers name ???? and my LBS.

Regards

Seanpost-26573-0-42579300-1512846154_thumb.jpg

Hi all

Introducing .... "The bicycle the Hub built......well almost"

Going through the parts inventory list for the C40 a few weeks back, I discovered that almost everything for this build was purchased from a fellow hubber. Every component or accessory, with the exception of the bottom bracket cable guide, headset spacers and cable end-clips have been purchased from a hubber. The tubes are from CWCycles, but since the Oom has a Hub account, i suppose he's considered a hubber .

I purchased the frameset in September 2016; its a C40 Mk2 with Urs Freuler geometry, and had to control the urge jumping into the build, since it was planned as a 2017 project. Some of you may recognize it in a different guise from earlier in this thread .

Sourcing the various components began back in February, with the last purchase, being the wheelset, taking place in November.

Firsts on a build for me include; 1st Colnago frame, 1st "deepish"-section wheelset and 1st wireless bead tyres. Also a first... 3mm water bottle cage bolts. Not come across these before .

It's going to be difficult judging which particular component has the greatest effect on the bicycle's ride quality until i've put a decent mileage on the bicycle.

I've completed a few projects the past couple of years but have to admit this build has probably been the most collaborative with more "assists" than on any other build. Many thanks to everyone who has offered time, assistance, advice, great deals and to those persons who have donated parts.

If this C40's ride result provides even half the pleasure the project build has, then this is gonna be one great ride.

Many thanks to :

EvanB, JMK1, Morph, King of the Downhill, Cippo, HeartCoppi, CWCycles, trail-er-park, Brett, plus 1 other - apologies but i forgot the sellers name and my LBS.

Regards

Seanattachicon.gif2017-12-09 20.14.23.jpg

:thumbup:  Great stuff. :clap:I promise you, it will ride like a magic carpet :)

Hi all

Going through the parts inventory list for the C40 a few weeks back, I discovered that almost everything for this build was purchased from a fellow hubber. Every component or accessory, with the exception of the bottom bracket cable guide, headset spacers and cable end-clips have been purchased from a hubber. The tubes are from CWCycles, but since the Oom has a Hub account, i suppose he's considered a hubber ????.

I purchased the frameset in September 2016; its a C40 Mk2 with Urs Freuler geometry, and had to control the urge jumping into the build, since it was planned as a 2017 project. Some of you may recognize it in a different guise from earlier in this thread ????.

Firsts on a build for me include; 1st Colnago frame, 1st "deepish"-section wheelset and 1st wireless bead tyres. Also a first... 3mm water bottle cage bolts. Not come across these before ????.

Many thanks to :

EvanB, JMK1, Morph, King of the Downhill, Cippo, HeartCoppi, CWCycles, trail-er-park, Brett, plus 1 other - apologies but i forgot the sellers name ???? and my LBS.

Regards

Sean 2017-12-09 20.14.23.jpg

Love it!

Hi all

Many thanks to :

Regards

Sean 2017-12-09 20.14.23.jpg

Jislaaikit Sean! Awesome build, now show some pics with the Sciroccos on.

Jislaaikit Sean! Awesome build, now show some pics with the Sciroccos on.

Hi Cippo

Would love to but all the darn pics are above 2mb and I'm having a battle trying to re-size.

The Sciroccos look gorgeous. Absolutely in love with the hubs on them

Sean