All things Colnago

StevieL

Is it a C60?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SIw4c7s2ALA/UxTlY1NG4eI/AAAAAAAAReI/yGMiwmKgo8U/s1600/QQ+Photo20140303212348.jpg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it a C60?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SIw4c7s2ALA/UxTlY1NG4eI/AAAAAAAAReI/yGMiwmKgo8U/s1600/QQ+Photo20140303212348.jpg

Yes

Nice to see they have retained a lugged frame. I was under impression they were going to launch at Eurobike 2014 later this year. Oh well, my dreams have beem changed to C59+1. Hopefully prices will be similiar to C59 or atleast C59 prices will drop.

From bikeradar,

First, the patented ThreadFit 82.5 combines the best of threaded and press-fit systems, Fumagalli says. While press-fit bearings are easy for bike makers to use, critics say the system isn’t as secure or precise as a traditional threaded bottom bracket. This can lead to creaking and/or premature bearing wear.

“We wanted to make something that you can easily renew, and we wanted to avoid making yet another press-fit standard, but we agree with press-fit designers that we can should something larger than a threaded design,” Fumagalli told BikeRadar. “So, we combined the two.”

The end result is a design compatible with all PressFit 86.5 bearings — Shimano, SRAM, Campagno and SRAM — but one with a precision steel-insert fit that can be replaced, if necessary.

“You can machine metal very precisely,” Fumagalli . “With carbon, you can’t manipulate it much beyond what comes out of the mold.”

The C60 will come with the steel sleeve threaded into the frame. In the future, 386 systems will be compatible with a thread-in option.

For Colnago, the design also means that a beefed-up downtube is anchored in a BB shell that’s nearly 50 percent bigger than that of the C59.

post-13716-0-22444300-1393999878_thumb.jpg

post-13716-0-54749700-1393999906_thumb.jpg

post-13716-0-83207200-1394000030_thumb.jpg

post-13716-0-62118800-1394000072_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cippo

Seems like i am behind things a bit.

Looks like a awesome frame.

There were rumours of a BB30 style frame last year but I'm glad to see they went with a threaded press fit type. Hey Alonso, take note what your team should be riding.

According to Bikeradar the geometry of C59 is carried over to C60 placing it between the likes of aggressive H1 fit of Trek Madone and H2 fit that is more relaxed. The new BB stiffens up the frame considerably as well. Traditional and sloping sizes will be available.The frame comes in at 1045g and 1005g for disc frame. A thru-axle will be available later for disc frame.

Edited by Cippo

Hi Eviltwin,

Consider placing more detail in your ad, for example regarding the model of the group and wheel sets, etc.

This will give viewers a better idea of what is on offer.

Also take a photo from the other side showing the crank and detailers.

Is it a C60?

I think this is the classic model to pay tribute to the classic Colnago paint jobs. I like, alot.