All things Colnago

StevieL

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very unusual colour. Respray? Is this a Super or Master. What fork is that?

Looks to be a respray.  It's a Conic Spiral and an unbranded carbon fork.  

Looks to be a respray.  It's a Conic Spiral and an unbranded carbon fork.  

Did you buy it as original or respray?

Titanio Oval Master

... bought from Mr Rob H.  He's got a nice collection of bikes.

So that's where it went  :whistling:

Hi guys, I have an older eddy merckx as per my profile pic and was curious to know how the colnago's of that era rides.

Hi guys, I have an older eddy merckx as per my profile pic and was curious to know how the colnago's of that era rides.

I have a 1992 Colnago Bititan with Campy CRecord and an a 1993 Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra with Dura Ace 7400. One it titanium and the other steel, so perhaps an unfair comparison, but at least they both are from the same era and from the very front end of the racing peloton. The Colnago is lighter and more responsive, more alive, accelerates quicker and I think climbs better. The Merckx is much more comfortable and stable, not as twitchy but perhaps not as quick off the mark. If I have to choose a weapon for a 3 hour race, it will be the Colnago. If I have to choose a weapon for a 5 hour race, it will be the Merckx. 

I have a 1992 Colnago Bititan with Campy CRecord and an a 1993 Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra with Dura Ace 7400. One it titanium and the other steel, so perhaps an unfair comparison, but at least they both are from the same era and from the very front end of the racing peloton. The Colnago is lighter and more responsive, more alive, accelerates quicker and I think climbs better. The Merckx is much more comfortable and stable, not as twitchy but perhaps not as quick off the mark. If I have to choose a weapon for a 3 hour race, it will be the Colnago. If I have to choose a weapon for a 5 hour race, it will be the Merckx.

Ok, had the same experience with the merckx, feels a bit lifeless under me. Enjoy it as a commuter though and thought that maybe the bikes of those era share similar characteristics.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this helmet. Padding is kaput. Do you think it has any value? Can't seem to find anything on the interweb about Colnago helmets. 77e9d0f04c7ffa24cdfc5aa3f3396225.jpg8fd26bb6cfe3537123f52ea3ef626de4.jpge85948205c8c8d2cb6e3c4fdcdb9848c.jpg444c2c220a69487a10e260eaac8d2557.jpg

Certainly has value for the collector! Yes, Colnago had various accessories for sale over the years from shoes, clothing, sunnies, watches, etc. Some of these items are now very collectable. 

What size is the helmet?

Certainly has value for the collector! Yes, Colnago had various accessories for sale over the years from shoes, clothing, sunnies, watches, etc. Some of these items are now very collectable.

What size is the helmet?

Good question. I'll have to measure it tonight.