• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What size frame is it?

What size frame is it?

51cm.

How is the ride quality compared to the carbon models of today or shouldn't I compare it?

Thanks guys.

51cm.

How is the ride quality compared to the carbon models of today or shouldn't I compare it?

Thanks guys.

Is that a sloping 51?

http://redkiteprayer.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Colnago-Geo-Chart.jpg?a7cc35

http://redkiteprayer.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Colnago-Geo-Numbers.jpg?a7cc35

This is the bike. What's it worth?

Not worth anything, i mean its worth Nothing. I'll come fetch it tomorrow

This is the bike. What's it worth?

I hate to be the dude in the woodpile here, but I don't think you'll get more than about R8k for the bike, in SA.

As to what it's worth, as has been stated countless times, it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I don't think you'll find anyone willing to pay what you think it's worth. IMHO I suspect that the most you'll get will be about R8k.

I hope I'm wrong, but that's MHO.

By the way LC, it's my understanding that the model before the B Stay, the normal double seat stay model, is worth more as a collector's piece than the B Stay model. I suppose this may be because fewer were manufactured and that it was the original design.

But, who knows, part of the vagaries of collecting!

Edit: PS she's a beauty, if you can afford to keep her, keep her. If you're determined to sell, maybe explore selling her overseas, something I'm looking at doing in the future.

Edited by heyyou

X-Man's C40 is actually quite rare. Its the B-Stay and HP-Stay model, so it has the chain stays of the later C50 and was only available for a year on the C 40. I agree that you probably wont get more than 8k for the bike. Maybe if it was a bigger size..

Not worth anything, i mean its worth Nothing. I'll come fetch it tomorrow

Gahahahaaaa

X-Man's C40 is actually quite rare. Its the B-Stay and HP-Stay model, so it has the chain stays of the later C50 and was only available for a year on the C 40. I agree that you probably wont get more than 8k for the bike. Maybe if it was a bigger size..

It's considered to be the Holigrail of colnagos.Just need to find the right buyer,

Hi all here is my Colnago at long last not the fanciest but here goes post-41382-1398885014,4311.jpg

These Dreams were great bikes. I have an older Lux Dream which is my principal ride. It's lightish, comfortable and looks good.

Your bike looks to be in top condition.