26" 27.5" and 29" Wheels and mtb's.

RodTi

The Flash look good. Somehow the geometry on that GT looks wrong up front, a little "squashed"?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i posted in my first post i am done with hardtail... hmmmm i lied. the GT climbed very well..very well. i still find the rock stuff bit tough on a hardtail but the slightly bigger wheel helpsand you adjust your riding style... i got quite lazy bombing through stuff on fullies

The Flash look good. Somehow the geometry on that GT looks wrong up front, a little "squashed"?

i have the delima that i enjoy the wide bars and sweep of the riser bar. but it lifts me to high so i have to drop the stem and at that stage was not ready to cut. in the interim i have changed to a 110mm stem and a different fork .if anybody can suggest a WIDE flat bar i will be chuffed. 600mm not wide enough.

Edited by jeepdude

All these are 2010 frames, except one frame noted, most which do clear 650b are very tight clearance.

5.0 – 6.7 inch Frames that clear 650b x 2.3, may need a small shock travel limiting shim

Ellsworth: Epiphany (tested - clears seat tube at bottom travel)

Titus: Guapo (2008 – 2009 only)

Knolly: Endorphin (2.1 max)

Jamis: Dakar, Parker

Santa Cruz: Heckler, Butcher, Nickel, Blur Carbon BLT Carbon

Orange: Alpine (160mm), Five (140mm), St4 (120mm)

Foes: XCT, FXR

Intense: Uzzi VP

Pivot: Firebird (tested - clears seat tube at bottom travel)

Ibis: Mojo (may require small travel limit shim depending on shock, except HD easily clears seat tube at bottom travel)

Evil: Revolt

Specialized: Stumpjumper, Epic

Trek: Scratch, Remedy

GT: Sensor (2.0 max), Force , Force Carbon

Rocky Mountain: Slayer (2.2 max), Altitude (2.2 max)

Marin: Mt. Vision, Wolf Ridge

5.0 – 6.7 inch Frames that do not clear 650b:

Ellsworth: Moment

Titus: Guapo (2010)

Banshee: (all)

Commencal: (all)

Santa Cruz: Blur, BLT, Nomad, Nomad Carbon

Yeti: (all)

Felt: (all)

Specialized: Enduro Carbon

Trek: Top Fuel

BMC: (all)

Weird to see Commencal on the list as A Nony Moose easily fit a 650b with Neomoto in back on an earlier generation Meta

How much do/will those tyres cost?

Where did you get your rims/wheels from?

What is the overall diameter on a 2.3 650B?

Keen to try out a set on my GT Sanction. Got a DUC32 fork on the front so there is no problem on that end. Can even go the B9er route :D ( 9er up front, 650B at back)

How much do/will those tyres cost?

Where did you get your rims/wheels from?

What is the overall diameter on a 2.3 650B?

Keen to try out a set on my GT Sanction. Got a DUC32 fork on the front so there is no problem on that end. Can even go the B9er route :D ( 9er up front, 650B at back)

i'm sorry i did not respond seem i am not getting notifications on this thread. i will be stocking the Schwalbe racing ralhps when they arrive we have ordered 20 for the country of which 10 will be for me. i asked American classic to bring me in a wheelset.. so far the only wheelset here. i have imported Pacenti tyres myself but quite costly at R500 a tyre. WTB will be bringing in Werewolfs and velocity blunt rims.. i have ordered some ZTR crests.. You are looking at 400-500 rand for tyres.

will get back to you on the diameter

i'm sorry i did not respond seem i am not getting notifications on this thread. i will be stocking the Schwalbe racing ralhps when they arrive we have ordered 20 for the country of which 10 will be for me. i asked American classic to bring me in a wheelset.. so far the only wheelset here. i have imported Pacenti tyres myself but quite costly at R500 a tyre. WTB will be bringing in Werewolfs and velocity blunt rims.. i have ordered some ZTR crests.. You are looking at 400-500 rand for tyres.

will get back to you on the diameter

Thanks man

• 1 month later...

If are are looking for a nice 26" bike, just follow the classifieds on the hub - you will get PLENTY to choose from.

History:

On Super Cycling toninght, they had Christoph Sauser and Burry Stander as guests. Viewers could phone in and ask them questions.

The Question:

Having ridden both 26" and 29er in both HT and Dual, which is better. Is the one better for Long stuff and the other for XC racing. What is best for Cape Epic.

Christoph Sauser Answered:

"I have plenty of bikes available to me and got rid of all 26" bikes." He reckons that it is just so much better in all disciplines! When he needs to ride a 26" bike (someone else's), the proportion of the bike now is just out. The wheel is way to far away. On the 29" you sit in the middle of the bike and just so much more balanced. He then recons that if they had developed the 29er first and someone then brought out a 26", that no person would have bought it. :clap:

This from a person (like most 26" fans), which commented a couple of years ago that a 29er is only for his mother to go and get the newspaper.

Now it is not only me preaching 29er, but a Multiple World Champion in both Marathon and XC disciplines. :thumbup:

26" Lovers. Now to see your rediculous comments. :rolleyes: