Does kicking your bike help after a break down?

tunariaan

Riding the Oubos race today I manage to get to this 360'Life rider, when suddenly he kicks his bike a very good kick and then got back onto it.

I am fairly new to cycling and have read some mags about fixing stuff in the race but I manage to miss this one!

Does kicking a say R30 000 carbon bike help? Maybe he had a stiff anckle and needed warming up after 30km's?

Is this a road or MTB race?

I have heard that (for MTB) if you hit a rock and bend the rim open to the degree that the tyre won't seat, kicking down on the rim bends it back into shape and allows the tyre to seat ....... can't say that I have seen it as I am a roadie, but have heard of it.

Some guy on a cervelo lost a gear in the last 700m break away, he unclipped and then gave it a kick and was back in action.

Maybe still pissed at Burry for wearing that shirt they wanted to DQ him for!

:offtopic: :whistling:

Riding the Oubos race today I manage to get to this 360'Life rider, when suddenly he kicks his bike a very good kick and then got back onto it.

I am fairly new to cycling and have read some mags about fixing stuff in the race but I manage to miss this one!

Does kicking a say R30 000 carbon bike help? Maybe he had a stiff anckle and needed warming up after 30km's?

Was it a 29er?

On another note, if it was a carbon dual suspension, they all creak, crack and irritate the *** out of you... i felt like kicking mine a couple times.

I once smashed my mini pump to pieces on a rock in the middle of a wet, muddy and altogether shyte Clarens MTN marathon after my 5th or 6th puncture...

I found it lifted my mood tremendously. Made my wallet lighter too.

Reminds me of 'Berto chucking his machine during one of the stages in the 2011 TdF... After a crash.

Reminds me of 'Berto chucking his machine during one of the stages in the 2011 TdF... After a crash.

Or Andy leaving his yellow bike at the dustbins after the stage when his chain fell off.

it wasn't a 360'Life rider, he just wore a 360'Life outfit. And he also didn't have a R30k carbon bike, had an old bike that almost looked like it still had v-brakes. i would also kick that bike

Reminds me of Barberton 2009, rider in front of me fell in a stream crossing, stood up and threw his bike into the dam above the crossing. It provide huge amusement to 3 of us who watched and cheered while he waded in to recover his bike.

There were more than a few bikes thrown down at the end of this Saturdays Sabie 75km Classic !!!