who is a[s]g?

Shebeen

okee dokee, so I see this name coming up more and more and more.

I can see that they're agents for lots of italian based cycling products, and seem to be doing a damn good job at that - judging by the amount of positive hub threads mentioning them. All fancy stuff but people seem pretty happy, so the service must be 100% http://www.asgsport.co.za/

But it looks like they're much more than that. poking around at http://asgworld.co.za/, you can see that they're not really into cycling. Well not until recently that is.

I'm sure there's a story behind this. Seems like one that's worth telling too. Can't be just a bunch of smart business consultants who got hacked off by getting the run around again and again from the cycling industry in general and decided that they could do the job better themselves. because if that is the case, then it's a story worth telling.

What gives? Not really expecting an answer from the inside, but speculation is way more fun anyway. (plus, wtf does the acronym it stand for?)

this actually explains a lot. their customer service is superb. frankly, i consider them The Standard when it comes to exceptional service.

ok, maybe I should have been more explicit. How did they get into the cycling distribution game?

I could click on your link, but the data there does not give me an intelligent answer to my question.

Maybe because cycling is the new golf?

Maybe because cycling is the new golf?

I can't stand that description :thumbdown:

ASG - The man behind the mask????

ok, maybe I should have been more explicit. How did they get into the cycling distribution game?

I don't know but maybe the answer is much simpler than you want it to be. They enjoyed drooling over the stylish Italian premium brands, especially the curvaceous saxy Pinarellos and decided to bring it in and make it accessible to us all. Maybe someone just followed their passion.

... does not give me an intelligent answer to my question.

Wrong forum for those types of answers, you should know that by now! :lol: