Bike Stands for 29'ers

Hairy

Ok, so have any of the companies that make these gone out and made a slightly taller stand to accomodate for the larger wheel dia.

It is impossible to use a std one now and do basic gear setting, etc where you need to have the rear wheel moving freely.

Attached is a pic of a typical stand in question for those who are not certain RE I am talking about.

post-5403-0-75737500-1330526614.jpg

Hijack on

Maybe also what you would do in terms of a trainer for a 29er? I hear the conventional trainers are not wide enough or am I missing the plot?

Hijack off

The normal Holdfast stands works like a charm. for both setups

I have a std holdfast one and a D.I.Y one that I was given. Both suffer from clearance issues between the tyre and the floor. I can get the bike in the stand and store it like that, but there is no hope in hell I can free wheel the rear wheel to check brake alignment or gear set up.

I have a 2.25" tyre on there too, so it would also compound issues.

Hijack on

Maybe also what you would do in terms of a trainer for a 29er? I hear the conventional trainers are not wide enough or am I missing the plot?

Hijack off

i have succesfully used my giant trainer with giant 29er and racing ralphs

Hi have a hardtail, might be why mine works fine. The rear triangle might differ from bike to bike. Just buy a Bulls bike, that fits onto all stands ... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hi have a hardtail, might be why mine works fine. The rear triangle might differ from bike to bike. Just buy a Bulls bike, that fits onto all stands ... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Agreed :thumbup:

Just make one , made this one and it takes my road bike , 26" and my 29er .

Cost my about R100 and a hour or so of my time .

I think it will actually fit any bike , used on on a few makes bikes too.

post-8504-0-72973500-1330596103.jpg

Edited by Iron

I have tried 2 x different bikes in the stands mentioned already. All to no avail.

How old is your Holdfast? I think the newer ones are taller, my 29er doesn't fit mine, but the other day I put it on a "new" Holdfast and it worked

My bike fits and there is clearance but Ive got big 203 stoppers and the discs snag on the stand. Also my giant IDT cant take my 29" wheel so I've resorted to stealing the 26 inch back wheel from my wife's bike to use on the trainer